☺︎︎ Chapter Eighteen

"hi, Jaemin hyung!" Jeno greeted with much excitement in his voice, rounding around the corner and waving at the said boy. Almost like a routine.

Jaemin sighed, "what now, Jeno?" He asked. Dropped his hand that was brushing his bangs away from his face and while the other holding on to another cup full of raspberry juice.

The brunet just smiled at him, "can you please walk me home, again?" He had asked. Swaying his hips side to side as he spoke, like what he usually does.

Observing the younger's body language, Jaemin raised a brow. "Where's your friends?" He asked instead, not answering Jeno's question.

With a pout, the brunet answered, "Mark hyung is again having practice with the basketball team, as you've noticed Lucas hyung isn't here as well." he gestures.

"Haechan had after school club meeting, I forgot which club he joined in since he's either kicked out or quitting and then joining them back again." He continued.

"Okay, why not walk home yourself?" Jaemin deadpanned.

"But hyunggg~ I told you! It's dangerous to walk home alone, Mark hyung is already stressed out with the basketball team, I don't want to add more problems." Jeno whined, bouncing on his feet.

Clicking his tongue, Jaemin pushes himself off of the wall he was leaning against on with one of his foot, standing up straight and his free hand inserted in his pocket.

"Let's go."

With a squeal, Jeno walks beside Jaemin and catching up to his fast steps. Their distance very close as their arms were brushing against each other and their shoulders touching.

Usually, Jaemin would've scolded and tell Jeno to move away, give him some space as there's so much around them, they're not in a small room after all.

However, he has learned (thanks to) after walking the brunet home multiple times, to just let it happen and not say any complain about it if he wanted some peace.

Jeno would've whined nonstop, wanting to be close to his soulmate and pressing Jaemin's buttons of sanity.

Once they've arrived at Jeno's apartment door, Jaemin turns to leave before a hand grabs his bicep and weakly pulls him back. "What?" He raised a brow.

"Let's hangout!"

"No." He quickly dismissed.

"Please!" Jeno exclaimed desperately, of having to spend some time with his supposed soulmate.

"Again, no."

"Please, please, please!" He chanted, swaying Jaemin's bicep all over the place that the boy himself was a bit shocked that his arm hasn't been pulled out yet.

"Please! I'm bored and I don't have any homework to do, just for a few minutes until Mark hyung sends a message that he's done because he's coming over for dinner." Pouting while bouncing on his feet.

Rolling his eyes, Jaemin nodded stiffly. "Just for a few minutes until your friend says he's coming over. I have stuff to do later." He replied.

With a grin, Jeno squeals. "Yay!" Exclaiming as he tries to pull Jaemin along with him to head inside his apartment, but the elder stood still. "Hurry up and come in!" He giggled.

Sighing, the mysterious boy lets himself get dragged inside by an excited Jeno Lee before the door was slammed shut.

"Bongsikie~ my baby, I'm home!" The brunet sweetly calls, dropping his backpack on the couch as he looks around to find his pet cat.

Not a second later, the said feline meowed as she struts her way in the living room, her tail swaying gracefully behind her.

She walks towards Jeno's legs, rubbing herself with a loving purr as she looks up to her owner. The brunet smiles in adoration, picking her up in his arms.

"Did you miss me my sweetie pie? You're such a cutie little girl, I've raised you well." He cooed, nuzzling his nose against the soft fur of Bongsik's.

Then, he sneezes a few times in a row, his eyes watery with his nose red. Yet, he was still giggling at his cat. "Are you allergic?" Jaemin asked, observing Jeno's slightly flushed face.

The younger hums, "but I still love my Bongsik and other animals. I don't care about my allergy, it won't stop me from loving them." He said in determination.

"But it sure will stop you from living one day." The elder said flatly, unamused.

"Jaemin hyung, I appreciate your care for my health. But I can die from loving animals rather than hating these pure souls." Jeno said with his lips pursed and eyebrows knitted together.

He wanted to look serious and intimidating but he looks almost like Bongsik herself, in Jaemin's opinion.

Wait– did Jeno just assumed he cared for him? No, he doesn't care for the younger. He just wants to simply point it out and give some senses towards the boy before it (unfortunately) will happen.

Yeah, he does not care.

"Whatever," he grumbled before watching Jeno place Bongsik back down on the ground. The feline slowly walks towards Jaemin and sniffs him carefully.

Surprisingly, like the first time he came over for his birthday dinner party or whatever that was, Bongsik circles Jaemin's legs and purrs, her tail longingly trailing his legs.

"Aww! She likes you a lot, Jaeminnie!" Jeno points out the obvious with a wide smile. "She's usually picky over people and somehow protective, so I'm surprised she hasn't hissed at you yet."

Looking down at the cat, Jaemin focuses on her body language and raised a brow. Taking a small sniff and wondered why does the cat smell so–

"Hyung! let's go watch a movie before Mark hyung gets here!" Jeno interrupts his thoughts, his focus fading away as he sits down on the couch while patting the spot next to him.

Jaemin glances at the clock, it's somewhere around 5 and almost 6. Shaking his head as a reply to Jeno's invite, "it's getting late." He said.

The brunet pouts and stands up again to properly face Jaemin, "are you busy?"

"I have somewhere to be, and I'm sure your friend is coming over in a few minutes without telling you."

"Oh alright," Jeno said with his voice a bit low. Disappointment laced in his tone. "Hmm, maybe next time? Jaemin hyung, please?"

Pursing his lips, Jaemin just nodded along stiffly. "Yeah." He said, yet somehow, Jeno found that small answer enough as he smiles back again widely.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then!" He said while walking Jaemin to his door, the elder silently waving a small goodbye (only because Jeno waved first) before he disappeared in the hallway completely.

"My dear soulmate, we're having process!"

"Pup, don't get associated with someone like me."