☺︎︎ Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Jaemin hyung! Stop!" Jeno shrieks as he grabs the said boy's arm and tries his best to pull him away from literally beating up some guy.

He was so confused yet a little scared, he was just dancing with this guy who had came up to him and asked him if he wanted to go join him on the dance floor.

Since he was getting bored and was talking to a few people he knew from school, he nodded and took the guy's hand before they went to the middle of the room and danced to the beat of the music booming through the place.

But after a while, from the corner of his eye, he saw Jaemin throwing his plastic cup away and marches up to them with bold up fists.

He was about to ask and stop the vampire boy but he was quickly yet atleast a little gently– pushed to the side by said boy, before Jaemin lands a hard punch on the random guy's face as the latter instantly falls down on the ground.

He thought that was it and he could pull Jaemin away, but then the elder boy knelt down and continued to beat the guy up as people were starting to crowd them.

"Jaemin, bro!" Lucas calls out and rushes up to them, helping Jeno by pulling the vampire boy away with ease as Jaemin tried to step forward again but couldn't, thanks to Lucas' strength.

Jaemin breathes deeply, a scowl was on his face as he stared at the boy on the ground, the latter was slowly pulled up to his feet by some few guys whilst he wipes the blood off his nose.

Jeno says a few apologies to them on Jaemin's behalf since the elder boy wouldn't speak, he turns to look at him as Lucas only shrugs– just as confused as he was.

With a loud huff, Jaemin grabs Jeno's wrist, "come on, we're going home." He sternly says as he shrugs off Lucas' hands on him and pulls the younger boy with him.

Lucas lets them be and handles the guests, Johnny– who's the host, jogs up to him asking what had happened. Lucas shrugs once again before escorting the beaten up boy to the nearest bathroom.

☺︎︎

Jeno mumbles some words, granting Jaemin permission to enter their apartment. Bongsik walking over to them, previously sitting on the window sill.

"Ooh~ something happened, I see a frown on my owner's face." The cat sassed as she hops on the shelves. "What did you do?" She glares at Jaemin who rolls his eyes at her.

"He beat some guy up, I don't know why but he just– landed a punch at him." Jeno stressed as he rubs his temples.

He was clearly upset, he didn't like how Jaemin just punched the guy instead of talking to him about whatever the guy did that made him angry.

Not to mention, literally continuing to beat him up on the ground.

Humming, Bongsik doesn't say anything further more, instead hops off the shelves and walks away. Deciding not to interfere with them and find something else to distract herself with, maybe some mice would do.

"Jaemin hyung." Jeno calls out, arms crossed as he slightly glares at the vampire boy. "We need to talk about it."

"No we don't." Jaemin dismisses and takes a few steps forward, about to pass Jeno as he added. "I just beat him up, no big deal."

Scoffing, Jeno raised a brow at him. "No big deal? You beat him up for no reason!" He exclaimed and tried to get Jaemin's attention on him.

But the elder boy waved him off and passes by him, heading towards the bedroom and not wanting to have this conversation.

Clicking his tongue, Jeno had the courage to grab Jaemin's arm and turns him back to face him. Ignoring the glaring eyes and small growl, he doesn't back down.

"Tell me Jaemin hyung, why did you beat him up? Why were you mad? Why didn't you just talk to him? You were fine a few moments before," he pesters.

Groaning, Jaemin bit the inside of his cheek while Jeno steps closer, staring up at him so intently. "Talk to me." He practically begs at this point.

Huffing, Jaemin finally looks at him and makes eye contact. "Because I was jealous." He admits curtly, voice cold yet deadass serious.

"What?" Jeno blinks and steps back a little to scan Jaemin's scowling face that hasn't left since the whole incident.

"I was mad at him for dancing with you, for touching you like that, for holding you so close, almost much closer than you were with me." The elder boy stated.

Pursing his lips, Jeno looks up at him through his long lashes. "But are you mad at me?" He mumbles, fiddling with the hem of his garment.

Clicking his tongue, Jaemin sighs. "Only because you let him be with you. And how gullible you are, how you're always so persistent with things, it can be irritating." He said.

Looking back down, Jeno hums. "I'm sorry, hyung." He mumbles and gulps a little before looking up at Jaemin again who exhales deeply.

"But it drives me nuts. In the most weirdest way." The vampire boy said looking to the side, tongue stuck out when he tsks and shakes his head almost mockingly.

"Huh?"

Before Jeno could blink twice, Jaemin cups his face and connects their lips together.

The kiss was at first hard and almost hungry, but it slowly turned soft and careful.

Jaemin's hands were squishing his cheeks a bit, kissing him as he adds his tongue into the mix. Jeno gasping at the feeling and clutches his hands onto the elder boy's shirt.

Pulling away reluctantly, Jaemin lets the younger boy regain his breathing and pursed his lips.

After a few minutes, Jeno stares at Jaemin with wide eyes. "Hyung– oh my God." He gasps with his mouth opening and closing from time to time, representing a goldfish.

Raising a brow, Jaemin hums. "What?"

"You– oh my goodness, we kissed! On the lips! You kissed me and– ahh!" Jeno ends up squealing and was stopping himself from jumping on his feet.

"My dear soulmate, we just had our first kiss!"

"Pup, cute."