☺︎︎ Chapter Thirty-Four

Where some history is revealed :D

︎☺︎︎

Jaemin watches Jeno coo and squeal about a few things towards his talking cat for almost ten minutes now. He could see and hear Bongsik meowing in pride with a small grin at the end.

"Can you behave now so Bongsik could tell us something important and serious?" He couldn't help but blurt out with a tinge of– something in his voice he couldn't decipher.

Well, he has a guess but he brushes it off like that tingly feeling he gets nowadays.

Jeno turns to him and smiles, nodding off at his words before pulling his legs up on the couch to sit criss cross apple sauce style and inches himself closer to the elder's side.

Jaemin turns to the cat who meows at him, "talk." He rolled his eyes at her.

Bongsik hisses back at him before pausing to clear her throat, "Jeno," she looks at the said boy who perks up at the mention of his name. "Do you know your parents?" She asks first.

Jaemin was expecting Jeno to go all sad at the sudden mention of his parents, but he was weirded out and flustered when the boy instead hums as he ponders in thought before shaking his head calmly.

"No, nonna always changes the topic about them. But she did say they were wonderful people." He replied with a little smile on his face.

Bongsik nodded at his words and decided to continue, "you know how I was a gift to you from your nonna, right?" She asks and earned a hum from Jeno in confirmation.

"Jeno, sweetie. There's more I have to tell you about your family." she slowly said and observes Jeno's reaction.

The boy blinks and nodded, "go ahead, please." He gestures in a small mumble and unconsciously grabbed Jaemin's hand on the elder's lap to play with his fingers.

Jaemin glances at their hands and looks away with a small cough, he instead focuses at Bongsik and her next upcoming words.

"Do you want me to be straightforward or go long and slow?" The cat asks for permission on how to share and explain Jeno's family history in a way the boy is comfortable with.

Jeno turns to Jaemin and then back to Bongsik, biting his lip, he replies. "Straightforward please."

Nodding, Bongsik starts to get on with it as she sat on top of the coffee table to match with their eye levels. Being a cat is fucking hard, alright?

"Your nonna is a witch while your dad was a wizard." She said and waits for any reactions.

The only reaction she got was a small gasp from Jeno who looked like he wanted to do the same usual squeal and all to the information like he did with her and Jaemin.

But he stops himself when he felt a squeeze from Jaemin's hand, the elder raised a brow at him to signal him to behave, which he obviously did as so.

Bongsik then continues, "your mom was a normal human being. They obviously fell in love and had you," she gestures at him with her tail.