☺︎︎ Chapter Fifty-Eight

"Let's meet your parents." Jaemin almost drops the remote control from his grip and straightens his posture he was in on the couch.

His eyes then dart to Jeno who was sitting on the floor criss cross applesauce position, back slouch and holding a small fishing rod with a cat toy as its bait.

Not only was Jaemin flabbergasted, but Bongsik as well– who's currently laying on her back, frozen– by what Jeno had just announced.

Jaemin expected for him to ask, "can we meet your parents", "when will you introduce me to them?" And what else is there.

But all he got was a straightforward and stern, "let's meet your parents."

He expected for Jeno to ask, not a straight up demand.

"Jaemin hyung." He blinks out of his stupor to meet Jeno's gaze again, the boy looked tired of it as if it's been bothering him a for a while now.

Maybe it has.

Jaemin clears his throat and instead replies with his usual, "no." Accompanied by his strict tone that would often make Jeno surrender and feel intimidated.

But right now, it seems as the younger boy felt a sudden energy and bravery rushing through his human body.

"It's not a question." Jeno deadpans, dropping his hands on his lap with the cat toy in his loose grip.

"I know," Jaemin purses his lips. "But it's still a no, I'm not letting you meet them." He said.

"Doesn't matter if you want me to or not, because I want to meet them." The human boy emphasizes, slowly pushing Jaemin's buttons.

He knows he might make his vampire boyfriend angry, and this topic could cause another bump in their relationship.

But what's knew? It's just him wanting to do something while Jaemin is against it. And they're both stubborn in they're own ways.

Only this time, it could be a life and death situation.

And that's probably another reason why Jaemin is against it.

"Pup, I'm saying this right now because I love you and I really don't want you to get hurt in any way. But you are not meeting my parents," Jaemin sucks in a breath.

"But–"

Before his human boyfriend could protest, he looks at him dead in the eye, aura now cold. "You're not meeting my parents nor will you go near to that environment. Period."

He stands up and turns off the television with the remote control before throwing it carelessly back on the couch.

"Conversation is over, call me when lunch is ready." He coldly mutters and disappears into their now shared bedroom.

Jeno sat there with a pout as his pupils were slightly shaking, he looks down when he felt something soft rubbing on his knee and smiles a little at Bongsik.