☺︎︎ Chapter Twenty-Nine

Once Jeno had calmed down, Yangyang hands him a tissue and asks, "why did you cry?" In a gentle manner, not wanting to make the brunet cry again.

Jeno blows into the tissue Yangyang had given him, "I fe-felt bad, be-because Ja-Jaeminnie hyung-" he couldn't finish his sentence as he felt a light squeeze on his side.

He looks up to meet the mentioned vampire boy, looking at him in both the cold and strict manner as usual but also a little hint of warmth from those eyes.

"Stop crying," Jaemin muttered while Jeno sniffles and cuddles closer to his chest. He groans, "stop crying over me." Rolling his eyes.

Yangyang flicks him on the forehead out of the blue, not letting out a sound by the action but his eyes said more than he would have.

He ignores his friend and gives them a look to back off a bit, Yangyang raising his hands up lazily before joining Hendery on the table in the other side of the room.

The two of them drank a pack of blood whilst keeping an eye on their friend and his 'soulmate', watching and eavesdropping immediately.

"I'm so-sorry, Jaemin hyung." Jeno hiccups and rubs his face against the elder's chest, getting the shirt dirty by his tears and mucus.

The vampire boy huffs, and lifts his chin up with his two fingers, eyes squinting into a stern look. "Stop apologizing." He said.

Jeno was about to say 'sorry' but stops himself the last second, pursing his lips together before jutting them out into a pout while nodding.

"Okay..." He whispered and wipes his runny nose with the back of his hand right as he sniffles.

After a minute or two of hearing the brunet sniffling and letting out hiccups, Yangyang decides to ask again. "Are you okay now?"

Nodding slightly, Jeno turns to give him a small smile before sighing. "I just felt bad because Jaemin hyung had to go through that," the way he said it was obvious for the others that he had more to come.

And of course, Yangyang liking this Jeno Lee kid that his friend was lucky to be soulmates with– even though Jaemin himself is still in denial or whatever, he reassures him.

"And? You can say it." He said while Hendery nodded beside him, smiling sweetly but a little creepily thanks to the blood on his fangs and chin.

"I want to help Jaeminnie hyung." Glancing at the said boy right as he said that, his eyes wide and shining that it made Jaemin gulp unknowingly.

"By how?" Hendery asks this time, cutting off the small pause of silence, eyes glancing back and forth between the other two boys.

"By letting him stay with me." Jeno said more enthusiastically, his usual happy-go-lucky character back for them to see.

Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows while ignoring his shocked friends in the corner of his eye, "why?"

It's always 'why', always asking Jeno as to why he had come up with these things and why he's so persistent on them.

The younger beams at him, "same reason of the 'feeding yourself' deal," he answered nonchalantly.