☺︎︎ Chapter Forty-Four

"hyung, do you want seafood flavor or beef flavor?" Jeno asks, examining the two cup noodles he was currently holding whilst his boyfriend was in charge of the small shopping basket.

"I don't know. You pick." Jaemin shrugs with his usual tone of voice. Nodding, Jeno hums to himself and chooses both flavors anyway, if Jaemin doesn't like the other, then there's a second choice for him.

Besides, Jeno's not a picky eater anyway, so it'll be easy for the vampire boy to ask for him to swap their food.

Checking their items, Jeno smiles in satisfaction and links his arm with Jaemin's own before heading towards the cashier to check out.

"Hi, Soobinie!" He greets the cashier who's currently assigned on night duty.

Soobin looks up from arranging the packs of skittles near the cash register and smiles, "Jeno! It's been a while, huh?" He greets back before his eyes lands on to the unfamiliar boy beside Jeno.

"Oh? Who's this with you tonight?" He asks with a friendly smile to whoever that guy is to Jeno, scanning him up and down as if he's a security guard.

Smiling widely, Jeno glances at his boyfriend and hums. "This is my soulmate, Na Jaemin. He's the guy I talked about before," he introduces.

"Ohh~ is he the guy that owns the mark on your eye?" Soobin asks with a light chuckle, still finding it a bit silly that Jeno's soulmate mark is unfortunately on his left eye.

"Well duh, of course!" Jeno giggles as he takes the basket from Jaemin's hold and takes out the items for Soobin to quickly check out.

Nodding, Soobin takes a few glances at Jaemin and raises a brow. "How about you, Jaemin? Where's Jeno's soulmate mark on you?" He asks, trying to find the said mark on Jaemin's exposed areas.

Jaemin doesn't say anything but takes Jeno's hand and leads it to place it gently on his chest where his heart is.

"Here." He said curtly while Jeno was blushing madly by the sudden action.

It might be small or can be nothing for others, but to him, having a cold-hearted vampire boyfriend doing even the littlest of things especially if it's a sign of affection to him, is more than enough.

Cooing silently, Soobin widens his smile as he finishes checking their items out before telling them their total.

Jeno makes a move to grab his wallet but gets stopped when Jaemin held his hand. He raises a brow at his boyfriend who was gazing back to Soobin's eyes silently.

He watches them staring at each other, not muttering out a single word until Soobin's smile comes back on his face as Jaemin gave him a nod.

"I'll pay for it, Jeno. But I'll do it tomorrow, it's getting late anyway and Bongsik is probably waiting for us." Jaemin said while taking the shopping bag off the counter.

Before Jeno could protest and ask more questions, his boyfriend immediately took his hand and walks them out the store, heading on their way home.

"How long have you known Soobin?" Jaemin suddenly asks while bringing the younger boy closer to his side when Jeno almost went over the sidewalk.