☺︎︎ Chapter Forty-Eight

I have a growing headache, so I'm sorry if there'll be some parts that won't make sense or something.

I'm just gonna yolo this.

I'm doing this early so I can sleep early afterwards, and so I can still update while I can before it gets worst and cancels everything.

So yuh.

︎☺︎︎

"wait a minute, wait a minute." Jeno blinks furiously as he kept shaking his head, trying to process everything his boyfriend had spilled out from his mouth.

After telling the human boy, Jaemin felt a little relieved that he could spill everything out. He knows Jeno needs to be introduced to this part of his life whether if he could be in danger or not because of it.

Jeno has to know, especially when he's Jaemin's soulmate.

Besides, it's better to know and ask questions now than later. What if something happens and Jeno can't do anything because he doesn't know what to do since– Jaemin never really told him.

However, Jaemin hopes nothing bad will happen to his lover. Especially when he's a gullible, pretty, little thing which makes him a very easy target to anyone.

Yet, the vampire boy couldn't help but think that it was weird when Jeno didn't react the same like how he reacted to him before.

Is Jeno a little upset at him?

He doesn't know for sure, but maybe the human boy actually is. Although, Jaemin doesn't want to ask right now and might ask later instead.

After a moment of silence, Jeno looks at him and finally speaks up. "So... You're a royal vampire?" He asks for confirmation, making sure he's definitely not dreaming or hearing things.

He earns a nod as he asks again, "a vampire prince?" He tilts his head to the side.

Jaemin shakes his head at that.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jeno pursed his lips as Jaemin corrects him. "Supposed to be the next king."

The human boy gapes his mouth, a little appalled but manages to continue talking normally. "But... You ran away... And left your people." He slowly said.

Sighing, Jaemin takes Jeno's hands in his and squeezes them. "I have my reasons." He mumbles, almost not wanting to say it because he knows his boyfriend isn't going to let this slide.

And he was right.

"And what are they, Jaemin hyung?" The human boy asks, the same level of tone Jaemin currently has as he inches closer to the vampire boy.

Pursing his lips, Jaemin hesitates if he should answer him or not. Yes, he did plan on telling Jeno his life story, but he didn't plan on admitting something he even doesn't want to admit to himself about.

After missing a beat, Jeno pouts and crawls over to Jaemin's lap, he cups his boyfriend's face who looked conflicted.