☺︎︎ Chapter Thirty-Five

It has almost been an hour after Jeno had calmed down, all he has been doing is staring off and sniffling quietly.

And not gonna lie, Jaemin felt a little concerned since the boy hasn't uttered a single word yet. Unlike last time.

He began to hesitate if he should talk to him or not, and not to mention Jeno is still clung onto him and trying to wipe his face on Jaemin's shirt.

Bongsik was quietly licking her paws, giving a few worried glances at her owner but decided not to say anything since she assumes the boy needs some time and he seems to be comfortable in Jaemin's arms.

She gave a small meow to indicate something before slowly walking out towards the kitchen instead, leaving the two boys on the couch.

Just as Jaemin was about to speak up, he halts when he hears the younger boy murmur to either himself or is actually talking to Jaemin but has no energy to be loud like usual.

"It's my fault."

Jaemin didn't like hearing that for some odd reason, he didn't like hearing Jeno downing and blaming himself.

Squinting his eyes, he glares at the younger and replies. "Bullshit."

His low voice as he muttered out the cuss word made Jeno flinch, he blinks a few times with his remaining tears dropping onto his cheeks as he looks up at the older boy.

"What?"

"How many times do I have to tell you?" Jaemin ignores his question and kept glaring at him.

Tilting his head to the side, Jeno slightly pulls away from Jaemin's hold to look at the vampire boy properly. "Hyung, what are you talking about?"

"I hate it when you cry." Jaemin hissed with his fangs out.

Blinking, Jeno rubs his eye to wipe the tears away. "But I'm not crying over you this time hyung, if that's what–"

"Over me or not. I hate it."

"Oh..." Jeno quietly mumbled, "am I a bad crier then?" He asked genuinely confused as he wipes his runny nose with his sleeve.

Clicking his tongue, Jaemin shook his head. "I just hate it. And stop blaming yourself from your parents' deaths when you could barely walk when it happened."

"B-but–"

"Jeno." Jaemin drawls his name as a warning, "you were little. And almost died. Just be grateful you're still alive right now."

"Hyung, I lost my parents. Because–"

"Because a ghoul got you and your parents loved you so much they did anything to save you." Jaemin cuts him off sternly.

Jeno slowly looks down on his lap, "... I just wished there was another way, maybe I could see them for a small moment or still have them right now."

The hand that was currently and surprisingly still around his shoulder, gave him a small squeeze. He looks up and saw Jaemin looking at him... He doesn't know how to describe that look.

"You can't change that." The vampire boy said, "but you can repay them for it." He added.

Jeno raised a brow but his eyes were now slightly sparkling, intrigued and curious about what the elder boy said. "How?" He asked softly.

"Go to sleep." Jaemin suddenly said, instead of answering Jeno's question.

"What? But hyung!" The younger boy exclaimed, baffled by Jaemin's sudden words and not to mention getting ignored.

Rolling his eyes, Jaemin stood up, "you have school tomorrow, go to sleep." He said slowly as he heads into Jeno's bedroom.

The human boy pouts and jumps off of the couch, running after Jaemin as he shuts the door closed. "Hyung! Answer me!"

He walks up to Jaemin who was reaching to the hem of his shirt and was probably about to take it off. The elder boy sighs and looks at him.

"You can repay them by being a good boy and keep loving them even if they're not here anymore." He said in a monotone.

Jeno stood there for a moment as he thought about it, maybe Jaemin was right. He shouldn't let this unfortunate news make him want to just end it all, his parents and nonna would probably be upset.

He blinks when he heard Jaemin shuffling in front of him which successfully made him bring back to reality and come face to face with Jaemin's bare and muscular torso.

He squeaks and covers his blushing face with his hands before splitting his fingers to try and look anyway.

The elder boy only stood in front of him with arms crossed, "what are you doing?"

"Waiting f-for you to finish ch-changing." Jeno stammers as he finally shies away for real this time.

He heard a huff from the vampire boy, which made him think he pissed him off and was about to apologize to him like usual.

"I sleep like this, remember? Your memory is failing to cooperate." He heard the boy grumble.

Clearing his throat, Jeno turns back to face him again while directly looking up at Jaemin's eyes instead of his abs. "A-ah, right!" He forces out a chuckle.

Jaemin only tsks at him before Jeno glances at the bed and hesitates to lay down and say goodnight, he doesn't quite know if he wants to end their night like this.

He watches the elder turn to walk back to his 'bed' which is actually just Jeno's beanbag he decided to buy a long time ago because he thought it looked cool.

Laying down, Jaemin drapes his arm over his eyes before he heard someone approaching him, like almost every night now since he 'moved' here.

"What, Jeno?" Jaemin mumbles as he peeks over his arm and saw the human boy standing there.

"I just... Wanted to say thank you, Jaeminnie hyung." Jeno mumbles shyly while fiddling with the end of his sweater sleeves.

"For what?" The vampire boy asked, puzzled as he tries to think about what he did when he literally did nothing close to being nice for Jeno to forgive him for.

But then again, he remembers it's Jeno Lee. Of course the human boy would be like this.

"For always being there for me. Mark hyung was usually the one doing that, but he's been busy nowadays and we talked about it before." Jeno said.

He then leans in to kiss Jaemin's cheek, "goodnight hyung!" He gave a small smile and skips back to his bed.

"My dear soulmate, I'll repay you too!"

"Pup, don't cry anymore."