☺︎︎ Chapter Four

"does this look better?" Jeno quirked his eyebrows holding two hangers in each hand showing off the two clothes he could possibly wear.

He earned a meow in response as the feline swayed her tail and tilts her head looking at the brunet boy who was only wearing a plain white shirt and jeans.

"Yeah, too dark," he said agreeing with his pet cat even though there was an obvious language barrier between them.

He continues to rummage through his small closet before groaning in frustration, "I don't know what to wear, Bongsik! What do I choose?" He said desperately.

Picking another random shirt and decides to put it on, he glances at the mirror and turns to his pet cat seeing said feline didn't even look at him, too busy licking her paws clean.

"Ugh, too boring and plain," Jeno grumbled from Bongsik's reaction before finally deciding to just deal with the last random shirt he can get his hands on and pairs it with a simple white jacket.

He scans himself on the mirror with a small smile, "this will sort of do," he shrugged and continues to get ready for Mark's birthday party.

After finally finishing up, he grabs his stuff along with the small gift for his best friend (to which he hopes Mark will like it) and heads out his small apartment locking the door

He knocks lightly on one of the doors nearby and smiles seeing a familiar face, "Ten hyung! Hi!" He greets.

Ten was someone that was the closest to being a family figure for Jeno, he's nice, he's funny and he listens well on the boy. He takes care of him well and often gives in on the younger's small favors.

"Oh good evening Jeno-yah, what can I help you with?" The elder smiles back carrying one of his pet cats, Leon, in his arms ignoring the shrill meow behind him.

Not having enough time since Jeno was the type to be a worrywart sometimes, he immediately gets in to it as he also ignored Bella chasing Louis in the background.

"Can you watch Bongsik for me again please? I'm going to Mark hyung's party and I don't want anything to happen to Bongsik while I'm gone for the night." He asked kindly.

Ten hummed approvingly, "you know you don't have to ask me on these type of things Jen." He chuckled resulting the brunet to blush shyly.

"But don't fret, I'll take care of your Bongsik. Go have fun!" He encouraged with a wide smile towards the younger.

Jeno beams happily and gave a quick thankful hug to Ten before saying his farewell as he dashes off towards the small elevator.