☺︎︎ Chapter Forty-Seven

The couple were on the couch and peacefully watching a random TV show, Jeno was snuggled up with his boyfriend as the vampire boy was playing with the younger boy's hair.

Bongsik had managed to join in and took her spot on Jeno's lap, curling up comfortably and began to purr when she felt her owner's gentle fingers caressing her stomach.

Jaemin didn't bother her today– not like he was the one who started their bickerings in the first place, he instead focuses on the television and smiles when Jeno nuzzles his head against his chest.

However, their peaceful moment was interrupted when the front door bursts open as a honey-voice starts yelling.

"JENO LEE!" The said boy's best friends had decided to barge in when they noticed the unfortunate thing Jeno had forgotten.

He should've locked the door after taking Bongsik out to go potty.

So now here they are, standing right in front of the couple, blocking their view of the television as Jaemin sighs and grabs the remote to turn it off instead.

"Lucas said you were sick, you don't look like you're sick." Haechan said straightforwardly with a strict look as if he's scolding his child.

Jeno purses his lips and shows his best innocent look for his best friends to hopefully be persuaded of.

"I was sick, it started last night and I overslept because Jaemin hyung didn't want me to go to school if I had just recovered." He reasons and glances at his boyfriend.

Jaemin had a flat look on his face towards Jeno's friends, Haechan turns to him and scoffs. "You still skipped school and now he kept you here to cuddle with you." He said, still being petty.

"It was either forcing him to go and have the chance to get sick again or let him rest more. I don't know what you prefer for your friend, Haechan." Jaemin spoke up in a monotone.

"Don't you be all smart with me just because you took care of my best friend for us," the tanned male hisses.

Sighing, Jaemin didn't react much to his behavior as he had been observing a few things from Jeno's friends since the beginning.

"Well, be grateful. Because I don't know if you knew, but for some diseases, you'll catch it later on from the person after said person is recovering or recovered."

Haechan fell silent while Jeno looks up at Jaemin with a smile, "wow, hyung, you know a lot!" He compliments and kisses his cheek as a small reward.

Mark grabs his boyfriend's arm to pull him back, "what Haechan is trying to say is, thank you for taking care of Jeno for us, Jaemin. I'm glad he has you now." He genuinely says with a smile.

He then glances at the sulking tanned male beside him and chuckles awkwardly, "oh, uhm please excuse him. He's being petty and is kinda upset we had to hear it from Lucas instead of Jeno."

"A small text would've been nice, Jen! You know how many times I restarted my phone because I thought it was glitching again? I literally thought Lucas was lying!" Haechan rants.

Jeno pouts and stands up with Bongsik in his arms, walking over to his friend and hugs him with one arm.

"I'm sorry, Haechannie! I woke up really late and I didn't want to disturb your classes, please forgive me." He apologizes to which Haechan sighs to before nodding his head and hugs him back again.