☺︎︎ Chapter Sixty

"Pup, for the last time, you don't need to dress up or wear something fancy. We're just meeting my parents." Jaemin sighs, leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed.

Jeno turns to him with a blank look, "exactly," he breathes out. "They're vampires, and not only that, but royal ones." He said to make his point.

"I'm a vampire and a royal one too, but you don't dress up or something for me." Jaemin blurts out, although it did sounded a little weird and could mean something else.

The younger boy pouts and walks up to him, cupping his face. "Are you jealous?" He sneers.

His vampire boyfriend coughs awkwardly, "no, I'm not." He manages to say without stuttering. "But regardless, all I'm saying is you don't need to glam up."

Reaching up to hold Jeno's wrist, he leaves a small kiss on it, "you're already beautiful. Naturally." He said.

The younger boy blushes and looks away, "I just want to make a good impression..." He mumbles shyly.

Despite the fact that Jaemin's parents are literal blood-sucking creatures, or what's mostly called as 'vampires', could kill or spare your life, scary and overall dangerous.

Jeno doesn't feel like treating them differently.

Like Jaemin, he's a vampire and a prince. But Jeno treats him like how he treats his friends.

Humanly.

Sure, they're life-threatening, but Jeno isn't really scared as much as most people thought he would.

Maybe a tad bit, especially when they show their fangs and red glowing eyes with that scary low voice of theirs. Like how Jaemin was or does when he gets angry.

But that's just it, Jeno's scared to make them angry.

Make them angry, make them want to kill you.

Which is funny because before Jaemin admitted he has feelings for the human boy, he was angry or cold 24/7.

Jeno sometimes wonders about how or why he's still alive right now too, he low-key thought Jaemin could've sucked his essence away, soulmate or not.

But maybe the answer was Jeno himself, who knows–

Well, author, Jaemin and some readers might–

Anyways, in Jeno's opinion, Jaemin's parents are just like any other. Even though he hasn't met them, it's not really that much of a difference.

Their morals might be, due to being different beings or supernatural creatures, their nature is not as the same as humans.

But Jeno will respect that. He respects Jaemin's after all.

He feels another kiss on his wrist, making his eyes land on Jaemin again, however his head is still facing away.

"You don't need to impress them by doing all these, they'll be impressed when they see who you truly are." Jaemin states.