☺︎︎ Chapter Three

Jeno had a wide grin on his face making his eyes turn into cute crescent moons as he walks in the hallway towards Mark's locker.

He arched his back and straightened his posture gripping on to his books against his chest tight standing behind his friend's locker door which was opened.

"No," Mark said before Jeno could even say anything that would probably be stupid but he'd still find it cute.

"What? But I haven't even told you what I came here for," the brunet pouted now in a slouching posture with his shoulders down and spine in a bad position.

With a sigh, the raven haired shuts his locker and leaned against it with his bag slung onto his shoulders, "then what is it?" He raised a brow.

Jeno was back to grinning at him and proceeded to ask the question he was going to say before his friend rudely interrupted him.

"Can I go to your party?"

"My answer remains the same, no." Mark deadpanned with a strict gaze to which he usually does whenever he's trying to be responsible with his friend.

The grin was wiped away again and now turned into a pout, "but hyung~" the younger whined doing something with his shoulders shimmying to emphasize his cuteness.

The elder clicked his tongue, "Jeno, I'm not letting you go to my party. I made my decision clear, stay home." He stated sternly.

Another presence joined with them as an arm was slung around the sulking and pouting boy's shoulders. "What's going on here hm?"

"Haechannie~ tell Mark hyung that I can go to his party this weekend," Jeno whined jutting his pout out even more looking at the tanned male with puppy eyes.

The former said boy turns to his lover, "why can't he go Mark? Let our child have fun this weekend," he said taking Jeno's side easily.

"I'm not letting him go because there's too many people that will be there, Lucas invited others without telling me." Mark sighed ruffling his hair.

"It's a great opportunity!" Jeno beams looking innocent, oh bless his soul.

"For what?"

"To find my soulmate!" The younger squealed excitedly thinking about the possibilities to finally find his fated partner.

The eldest amongst them shook his head, "no Jeno-yah. It's dangerous for you, you barely know anyone there and what if something goes wrong because Haechan and I aren't with you?"

"But–"

"Jeno, anyone could do something to you and the place will be packed considering how many people we've invited. Just stay home and eat chips." Mark said gently trying to make the younger understand.

(A/N: I really love you if you know where "stay home and eat chips" came from)

The brunet huffed, "but it's your birthday!" He protests really getting desperate. It's not like he could stay home all weekend and miss his best friend's special day.

"And we can still celebrate it afterwards, just us three alone where you're safe." Mark said.

Haechan sighed softly seeing how there's no end to this argument if Mark is too strict while Jeno is too persistent.

"Alright, Jeno you can go to the party this weekend," the tanned male spoke earning the other two boys' attention with different reactions.

"What?!"

"Really?! Yay!"

"But," Haechan drawls turning to the brunet and pursed his lips, "you'll have to be with us at all times. Don't separate, think of it as when we go to the store together," he shrugged.

Haechan is usually the one that lets Jeno do something that he'd find normal but actually very concerning.

So basically he's just saying this to relax his protective boyfriend who's like Jeno's older brother. Or dad? He doesn't know anymore.

"But how can I find my soulmate if you're not even letting me?" Jeno complained stomping his foot on the floor like the child he is.

"You'll still find him, just– stick with us the whole time and we'll hunt him down for you." Haechan said after pondering in thought just to satisfy his friend.

With a hum, the brunet nodded. "Don't hurt him though, I don't want to have a bad first impression," he said shyly.

Mark chuckled while the tanned male cooed at him pinching his cheeks softly, "our little man will find his love soon," he said all mushy.

"Though, I'm pretty sure you'll always have a good impression Jen, you're very lovable to other people yet still humble about it." The raven haired comments with a nod from his lover in agreement.

Jeno puffed out his cheeks, "don't say things like that, I'm not like what you're saying," he grumbled but only looked like a chipmunk munching on some food.

Mark gave him a look while Haechan was busy still playing with his brown locks and squishing his cheeks. It's not his fault Jeno is literally soft as a cotton ball.

"You're literally doing it right now, usually I would've flipped that person off or tell them to shut up but–"

"It's you, not us," Haechan said shortly brushing Jeno's bangs away from his face to meet his cute wide eyes.

The brunet suddenly gasps, "oh my gosh– what if that's what my soulmate will say if he doesn't accept me? What if he'll think I'm too much to handle and stuff?" He panics.

His sudden change of mood made Haechan and Mark watch him with a look, like parents watching their child having a mental crisis. Which is happening right now.

"What if he doesn't accept us? Should I like– seduce him? I probably should–"

"What the hell? No don't do that, my pure innocent baby," Haechan exclaimed cradling Jeno's head against his chest.

"Haechannie, my soulmate would probably not like me," the brunet teared up from overthinking.

Mark shook his head and patted his back, "you don't know that yet, you haven't even found him. Don't think about that for now yeah? Let's get to it if the time comes," he suggested.

Jeno pulls away from Haechan's chest and sniffled, Mark ruffled his hair and helped him with his books. "Now who's place are we heading?"

"Mine, I want to cuddle with Bongsik," the brunet answered curtly before heading off first in the hallway as his two friends sighed at him.

"My dear soulmate, hopefully we'll meet at Mark hyung's birthday party."