☺︎︎ Chapter Twenty-Six

"how did your full moon date night go?" Jeno asks once they've reached Haechan's locker, their last stop before they can finally leave this place today.

Haechan has been in a slightly bad mood since they met up this morning, Jeno didn't get an answer since he didn't want to pry just yet.

Waiting for the day to end because he's sure if he asked about it this morning, the tanned male would get even more upset for the rest of the day.

Haechan quickly grabs his things in his locker before shutting it loudly and locks it, "it would've been fine if I wasn't such a dumbass." He groans.

Raising a brow, Jeno shifts his eyes to a sulking Mark Lee beside him, he scrunched his nose when the elder coughs behind his fist before sniffling.

The couple were on and off today, this morning they walked together, then in breaks they'd insult each other. It's usually the norm, but Jeno is still curious.

"Why? Care to explain what exactly happened?" He asks, linking arms with Mark and leading the elder to the door, Haechan was on his right, adjusting his backpack.

The basketball captain was looking ill, and also feeling ill. He's been lazing around most of their day, and it's just his luck because practice was canceled due to cleaning up the big mess in the school gym.

"I forgot blankets."

"He forgot the blankets."

Jeno sighs and wanted to face palm, but couldn't because his hands were occupied. "Anything else?"

Haechan muttered, "if he didn't rush me because I was somehow being late while his impatient ass was already in the park, maybe he wouldn't get sick."

"Maybe if you weren't late, actually managed your time, and I don't know, lend me your fucking jacket. I wouldn't get sick." Mark retorts.

Jeno calms him down, caressing his thumb on his arm while glancing at the tanned male. "Why didn't you give him your jacket?"

"Because then I would be the one sick."

"You have better immune system than me! Just admit it, you're a greedy bitch." The elder, his face leaning forward as Jeno pushes him back.

Rolling his eyes, the brunet clicks his tongue and said, "why the hell didn't you guys just go home?" Earning nothing but silence.

About to retort something else for his currently annoying friends, he stops himself when he spots Jaemin at the front gate. Grinning widely before untangling himself away from Mark who grunts.

"Jaeminnie hyung!" He runs towards the elder, his backpack heavily bouncing on his back, which is painful, and hugs the elder.

He ignores the pain, and wraps his arms around Jaemin's neck, the elder remained still. Which made Haechan raise a brow when he was able to not stumble from Jeno's sudden impact on him.

"Hi." Cold and curt as always. But it still made Jeno smile so widely at him.

"We're heading to my place, will you come with us?" He asks, eyes begging for Jaemin to accept his invite this time, even if his friends are with them.