☺︎︎ Chapter Eight

Mark opened the door to Jeno's small apartment ajar as he beelines to the only bedroom in the place while dropping his backpack on the way passing by the living room.

"Jesus, are you okay?" He asked worriedly yet still failed to hide his grimace when he saw the messy bed along with a messy Jeno.

It was a Saturday, and they didn't really have much to do on Saturdays unless homebody-type-of-guy Jeno Lee decides to leave for once in a while.

Today was the usual, Mark would either go hangout with his friends from the basketball team or spend his weekend helping his mom with chores, if his boyfriend isn't busy, they'd go on a date.

But once Mark entered his car to head back home to maybe rest for a while since basketball practices are coming back up soon, he decided to check up on his childhood best friend.

When we say check up, we're talking about actually coming over to the person's house, meeting them face to face, not virtually.

Things have changed a bit though, just a bit. Mark has been busy with his own life especially being the captain of their basketball team.

Meanwhile, Jeno has been.... Moping and wondering about his not-founded soulmate yet.

However, they do make up for their wasted times and hangout in Jeno's small apartment, sometimes inviting Haechan along too.

Unfortunately, Mark has to suffer with Bongsik's peaceful presence who doesn't even bat a tail at him.

Low and behold, the brunet boy was wrapped around in a makeshift chrysalis blanket with cats as the design.

"I thought I've finally found him again," the brunet whines as he tossed and turned on his messy bed.

Mark raised a brow with his shoulders dropping as he relaxed for a moment. "You're still looking for him?" He asked the obvious, testing the waters.

Jeno sat up on his bed abruptly with much difficulty thanks to his current situation. "Well duh!" He retorts.

Mark only chuckled and approached his dear friend and sat on the bed beside Jeno's wrapped up legs.

"I think you should... I don't know..." He drawls in as Jeno leans in with his eyebrows up, curiosity filling his eyes. "Lay low for a while?" He scratched his nape.

Jeno blinked, once, twice, before bursting into giggles. "I think you've forgotten why I've been trying to search for him." He deadpanned.

"Oh... Right, sorry." Mark apologized soon after as Jeno only waved him off.

"Anyway, why did you think you've "found him" again?" He asked and quotes the two words using his index and middle fingers on both hands.

The brunet shrugged as he pointed at something with his chin, Mark turned to the direction and rolled his eyes. "We've been over this, Bongsik isn't your soulmate."

Jeno pouted at his repeated words from previous times whenever this shit is brought up. "But–"

"The touches she lays on you that makes your skin different are either mud or dust. It literally washes off once we clean you up." Mark deadpanned.

"But... Look..."  The younger desperately tried to convince his friend as he tried to untangle himself from his chrysalis blanket before finally giving up. "But she's–"

"A devil?" Mark guesses with no hesitation before he received a scowl and a weak kick on his lower back. "Ow! Sorry." He yelped.

"She's an angel, shut up hyung."

The raven haired grumbled, clearly thinking otherwise. He sighed as he coaxed his poor friend who was sulking. "Bongsik is your baby, yes we get it. But she's not your soulmate."

They both glance at the feline who was licking her paws peacefully while the younger pouted even more.

His bangs fell over to cover his eyes, thank God. Mark would've gave in easily especially if Haechan would annoy him again for making their friend sad.

His gaze fell on his friend's left eye that was still the same as before, visible and obvious on what it actually is.

His breath hitched and pursed his lips as he looks back to meet Jeno's eyes. The brunet then tilts his head and wondered about something that he realized.

It's been a week or so, he doesn't remember much except how his friends were trying to get him away from Jaemin, their tone of voice, their excuses, the way they wanted to bring him home early.

Speaking of Jaemin, he hasn't seen him since then. Not in the hallways, in the classrooms, or outside of the school building. It was like he disappeared.

He grew curious and worried, he knows he shouldn't because he barely knows the mysterious boy well. But something in him told him to just do it anyway.

So he asked Lucas somewhere around the week, the boy only scratched his nape and said he doesn't know Jaemin that well other by the fact that they're acquaintances and they hangout outside of school.

That made Jeno sulk even more, adding to the situation right now. His mind could only wonder about Na Jaemin even more as days go by.

Why does he hangout at school?

Why does he disappear randomly?

Is he bothered by him? If so, that explains the glare and all in their first meet.

But right now, he's moreover bothered on why his friends did that so randomly, it was odd... In a way.

They even interrupted him and Jaemin mid conversation, how rude.

Suddenly, an idea popped up in Jeno's brain as he tried to put the pieces together and assume something.

He's not usually the type of person to assume things. So that says a lot.

"Hey Mark hyung." He calls out as he earned a successful hum from the raven haired who stopped his glaring contest with Bongsik, the feline just meowed at him.

"What do you know about my so called "black eye"? " He wondered as it was his turn to quote but failed to do so considering he was still wrapped around by his blanket.

Mark seemed to froze for a moment before he coughed awkwardly, "uh... That Jaemin gave it?" He replied pathetically that made Jeno's patience decrease.

He frowned as he changed his tone to something more stern, "elaborate more. And be honest with me hyung, or I'm telling Bongsik to hurt you." He threatened.

It was quite easy after his small threat, Mark widened his eyes and quickly blurts out.

"Jaemin's your soulmate and we knew about it but didn't say anything because we got some vibes from him." He said hastily and in a ramble.

The room was only filled with Bongsik's constant meow from hunger before a loud, earful, squeal from Jeno echoes through his small apartment.

"My dear soulmate, I've finally found you!"