☺︎︎ Chapter Fifty-Nine

"What's appropriate to wear to meet your royal vampire boyfriend's royal vampire parents?" Jeno's sudden question made Mark choke on his smoothie.

Haechan looks around with his head a little low and leans forward to whisper, "we're at a café."

Jeno widens his eyes and blushes as he looks around as well, not many people seems to have heard him due to how busy the café was today.

"Let's go to my house," The tanned male said as he pats Jeno's hand on the table.

The boy nods with his cheeks still pink as they both turn to Mark who was quickly finishing his smoothie once Haechan gave him a look.

☺︎︎

"Okay first of all, what happened? Second of all, when? Third of all, HUH?" Haechan rambles, walking back and forth in his bedroom.

Jeno, who was sitting on the bed with one of Haechan's bigger pillows on his lap, shrugs.

"I persuaded Jaemin a few days ago for reasons, but I'll leave the others explain it to you–"

"They made you do this?!" Haechan exclaims as he stops walking. Eyes widening in shock, staring at Jeno.

Mark, sitting on the computer desk chair, stops fiddling with one of his boyfriend's fidget spinners– he got bored, don't blame him.

"What? No! This was all given consent by me, I wanted to do this–" Jeno tries to explain his side before shaking his head. "Just ask them later." He waves it off at the end.

"It's a long story, Hae." He said when Haechan was about to say something about it. "Now, can you just help me with my outfit?" Rolling his eyes to get back on track.

The tanned male huffs while crossing his arms, "the things I do for you." He grumbles with no bite to his words at all and walks over to grab his phone.

"When are you going to meet them? And exactly where just in case Jaemin's parents decide to make you their dinner and all of this was just a trap." Mark spoke up.

Jeno rolls his eyes again and ponders in thought before humming, "this week's Friday, it's a holiday so no need to worry about my absence at school."

"That wasn't me, that was Haechan." Mark snickered while the said boy turns his head to send him a glare.

"Anyhow, you can't go there anyways– unless you have a vampire willing enough to take you with them, obviously." Jeno answers his previous questions.

The raven haired boy blinks, "where the hell even is this place?" He asks, puzzled and a little flustered, clearly not expecting that answer.

Any human would, actually. Well– except Jeno Lee.

"Where else? The vampire world." The couple dropped their jaws as they stare at him once he said that.

"Jen, do you mean..." Haechan pauses and blinks furiously. "A different dimension?"

"In a way, yeah." Jeno nods in confirmation. He realizes the looks he was receiving from them and snorts.

"What? Did you really think the vampire kingdom would be here out in the human world in plain sight? It wouldn't last due to medieval times."

"We just thought it was somewhere around here because of Jaemin's friends and whenever they mention about their interactions with other creatures." Mark said.

"Some live here, others don't and just came to visit." Jeno tells them, "another reason we can't see all of them besides the whole spells and witches things, is because of our human eyes."

"What do you mean?" Haechan raised a brow, quite intrigued.

"Jaemin hyung told me about it when he met Soobin," Jeno said, hugging the big pillow against his chest. He then ponders in thought for a moment before coming up with a different example.

"It's like– not realizing that person isn't straight until they tell you. Completely a blind eye or something."

"Hey! Are you trying to put some shade on me?" Mark exclaims with a pout, spinning on the computer desk chair.

"I already knew you were gay for me when we first met, baby." Haechan grins at him, taking this as an opportunity to tease his boyfriend.

"Whatever," his boyfriend grumbles and looks at Jeno again. "So, if we need to be there or something for reasons, can Yangyang and Hendery bring us there?"

"That, I don't know, maybe. You can ask them later about that too," Jeno replies.

"What about Lucas? Is he not allowed there or the whole beef between vampires and werewolves is gone now." It was Haechan's turn to ask.

Jeno purses his lips, "they mentioned that one before, he can go there in secret. He just has to be very careful not to get caught yet until Jaemin claims his throne."

"Ohh~ is this about Jaemin's throne too?" Mark finally caught on with a small guess and smiles when he gets a nod from the younger boy.

"Yangyang accidentally blurted out about how Jaemin's being a bitch and not understanding something, but we didn't really get it until now." He adds on.

"Yeah, I think it was that time we hung out and Jaemin was just about to leave when Mark and I arrived." Haechan recalls.

Jeno nods in understanding, not needing to ask questions since he's now fully aware of his vampire boyfriend's situation.

"It's the same as you guys, alright? Be careful if you actually decided to go there. Listen to what Hendery and Yangyang tells you if you don't want trouble."

The couple nodded obediently, taking this seriously and taking a mental note instead of fooling around.

"So, about your outfit." Haechan brings up once the other situation was cleared.

Jeno's face lights up a bit at the mention of that, eyes almost shining with hope before it fades away once his friend says, "just wear whatever."

Seeing the slightly disappointed look, Haechan snorts. "I'm serious, Jen. You can wear anything you're comfortable with and it's all good, you look pretty all the time!"

Mark hums while nodding in agreement before standing up from his seat and walking over to join them sitting on the bed, he then gently turns Jeno's face by his jaw.

"Do you want to cover that up or nah?" He asks.

"Cover what up?" Jeno tilts his head to the side in confusion.

"Your soulmate mark." The older boy replies, pointing at his left eye.

"Uhm–"

"I'm calling Jaemin, we're no help at all, babe."

"My dear soulmate, this is slightly more nerve-racking than I thought..."

"Pup, Haechan's calling me. I already don't trust him with you."