Chapter 88

Wenren Heng was especially calm, “I really don’t know.”

He even returned with the question, “Why would you suddenly ask something like this?”

Manor Lord Wei sighed and said, “Because last time when Ghost Gentleman brought people to surround Shaolin, Jiangyue asked me if I was the white piece.”

Wenren Heng showed some surprise. “Why did he think that?”

Manor Lord Wei revealed a layer of exhaustion between his brows, waving his hands and letting out another sigh. “Xiao-Heng, we’ve been on friendly terms for this many years, so I don’t want to talk around in circles with you. I know the two of you suspect me, and that’s all right. I also won’t force you two to confront me right now. No matter what kind of misunderstanding there is between us, in the end, it’ll be fine as long as we resolve it. I won’t beg you two to tell me where Jiangyue is either. I just want to know if he’s safe.”

Wenren Heng said, “I truly don’t know where he is right now.”

At this time, Ye You stopped putting on the act of a good child and once again brought out a bit of sharpness. He interrupted with, “Manor Lord Wei, this matter has nothing to do with my Senior Brother. It was me who first started being suspicious.”

Manor Lord Wei immediately looked at him.

Wenren Heng also looked at his Junior Brother and, upon meeting the other’s eyes, tacitly understood the other’s intentions. “Stop talking nonsense. Your health still hasn’t recovered completely. Go back first.”

“You should at least let me speak,” Ye You said, “Senior Brother, you’ve always said that the Wei family has treated you well. I don’t want to make things difficult for you.”

As he spoke, he switched positions with his Senior Brother, standing next to Manor Lord Wei, shoulder-to-shoulder.

The people of “Heaven’s Firmament” and Shuangji Sect couldn’t hear what was said and so reacted with a look at this movement. Upon finding that the person had simply switched positions, they diligently went back to their places.

Ye You said, “You know that, since I’ve lost my memories, I’ve had to rely on what other people say to learn about certain things. That year, the swordsman called ‘Boundless Line’ underwent a qi deviation and killed my master… this fact should be true, right?”

Manor Lord Wei said, “That’s right.”

Ye You said, “Twenty years ago, all of you elders had the opportunity to come into contact with the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison and that monster, so I don’t want to focus on this. Regardless, it simply means that everyone is suspicious. But the matter with ‘Boundless Line’ that year, the only one present was you[1]. Because I suspect that he hadn’t actually been going through a qi deviation but had instead been fed that drug. You appearing there might be a sort of coincidence or it might have been intentional. I simply had some suspicions.”

He paused for a moment and, upon seeing that this person didn’t seem angry, said, “Last time, when I guessed that the white piece would surround the mountain, Sir Wei’s stature just so happened to be somewhat similar to mine, so I switched identities with him, while also mentioning a word or two about my suspicions of you in passing. That’s why that incident happened afterwards.”