Chapter 76

Wenren Heng didn’t know when his Junior Brother would send him some news.

Right now, he was living at the Demonic Sect’s headquarters, and with people guarding every which way, when he went to sleep, he also didn’t bolt the doors, so when he was woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of the door opening, his first reaction was astonishment.

This was headquarters, so this couldn’t possibly be a thief sneaking in.

What’s more, even if his Junior Brother had sent someone to pass on some information, the other party wouldn’t just come in without even a word of greeting.

As he listened to the footsteps that were neither too fast nor too slow, he didn’t move for the time being, prepared to see what this person wanted to do. He then perceived that this person was making straight for him, the flavor of it as if the other was approaching without the slightest pause.

He immediately raised a hand to stop the other party, but upon hearing a familiar soft laugh by his ear, he immediately loosened his hold. “Ah-You?”

Ye You said a, “Yes,” and lowered his head to drop a kiss on the other’s lips.

Wenren Heng smelled the faint scent of fragrant water on this person’s body and knew that the other had gone to take a bath before entering the room. He then brought the person onto the bed and asked, “What happened?”

Ye You said, “I pretended to go missing.”

Wenren Heng understood the moment he heard this and asked, “Cong Yun was very interested in you?”

Ye You said, “He wanted to kidnap me the moment he saw me, what do you think?”

Wenren Heng said, “And then?”

Ye You said, “The person next to him was very likely Demonic Medicine King. My men saw that they had a disagreement today, and I’m guessing that Cong Yun either wanted to stay over at Shaolin or wanted to make a move tonight, but Demonic Medicine King didn’t agree. In any case, I’m probably not wrong in thinking that that madman wants me in his hands.”

Wenren Heng then understood why the other had ran off after meeting that person for the first time, and he also knew that, since the outside of Shaolin was guarded by both Elder Hei and the white piece’s men, his Junior Brother had definitely used some lightness skill to sneak away via the back mountains. Embracing the other, he said, “Sleep first. We’ll talk again tomorrow.”

Ye You obediently laid down, and with that familiar warmth by his side, he quickly fell into a deep sleep.

Thus, the next morning, when Elder Hei came over to inquire about what the Madam wanted to eat for breakfast, he ended up seeing their Sect Master walking out of the room. He reflexively said, “Good morning, Sect Master.”

Ye You nodded. “Good morning.”

Right as Elder Hei prepared to return to looking for the Madam, he regained his senses, suddenly turning his head and saying in shock, “S-S-Sect Master?!”

Ye You laughed and said, “Very surprised?”

This also wasn’t the first, or even the second, time that Elder Hei had been frightened by the Sect Master, so after shouting out those words, on account of his experience, he regained his usual calm and asked, “Wasn’t Sect Master staying at Shaolin?”