Chapter 80

The back mountains were secluded, and other than the nearby villagers who’d occasionally come to hunt, the area was usually devoid of people.

The growth rings on each tree signified that all of them had already passed a hundred years of age. With flourishing branches and luxurious leaves, these trees covered the sky and blanketed the earth, making the area so quiet that only birdsong could be heard.

Right at this time, a sharp animal cry suddenly exploded in the air, the sound neither too high nor too low, coincidentally allowed the people in the surroundings to hear it. Wenren Heng lifted his head to parse it for a moment before saying, “Go over and look.”

The black-clothed person asked uneasily, “Nothing could have happened to the Sect Master, right?”

Wenren Heng said, “If this was something he did, there shouldn’t be anything wrong.”

The black-clothed person didn’t quite understand.

Right now, since the white piece’s men were currently on watch throughout the forest, with this sound, wouldn’t those people all go over to surround the Sect Master?

Wenren Heng didn’t explain. After walking for a while, he suddenly seemed to have remembered something. Giving the other a look, he asked, “Before, when you two were on the cliff, how did you trick them?”

The expressions that those colleagues gave him just now flashed through the black-clothed person’s mind, and the person decided that he’d rather die than talk, replying with, “That is… I j-just tricked them like that.”

Wenren Heng said, “Hm?”

“…” The black-clothed person silently turned his head, not daring to look at the Madam.

Wenren Heng gave him another look but didn’t continue wasting time, simply reminding the others that had followed along to be careful before cautiously stealing over.

Wenren Heng’s guess wasn’t wrong.

That action really was done by Ye You.

After he had suppressed Demonic Medicine King, during the interval when he had shouted out to the white piece’s men, he had also quickly pulled out a handful of previously prepared copper coins and accurately threw them out to hit those people’s acupoints. Afterwards, he had pulled out the instrument used to send signals from their persons and hung the people on trees before then taking Demonic Medicine King and leaving.

Although Demonic Medicine King’s expression had already recovered, the shock in his heart still remained.

High lightness skill, lecherous, cautious… These were the impressions that the one who kidnapped Sir Ye had given them. When matters came to light, he and Cong Yun had thought about who could be the one making a move and had gone through all the people of Jianghu once. They had chosen one or two people from the selection, all of whom had high lightness skills but ordinary martial arts. They had made such a guess because that person had never dared to confront them directly.

They had originally thought that when they surrounded this pervert, they’d definitely be able to retrieve the hostage. Even if the other party used Sir Ye’s life as a threat, it’d be useless because, after all, if that person killed Sir Ye, then his own life would definitely also be forfeit here, so the choice he would’ve had to make in the end was readily apparent. But who could’ve known that this originally supposedly simple and easy matter would turn out like this.