Chapter 65

When Mr. Xiao died, his face carried evident shock and incredulity, with both his eyes opened wide, and it’s this appearance that had been forever frozen in time. Ye You didn’t even spare this corpse a glance, simply calling for his subordinates and telling them to also have this thing buried.

The scarred man was practically heartsick with worry.

The great Sect Master Ye’s existence right now was too powerful, completely like a person seated on high, and completely unlike the usual, good-natured Sir Xiao. He was truly afraid that his Sect Master would be hurt by Sect Master Ye’s poison tongue.

Wenren Heng was well acquainted with his Junior Brother’s temperament and asked in understanding, “What did you say to him?”

Ye You said, “I didn’t say much of anything. I only set up a trap for him, and I waited for him to happily answer all of my questions before I told him that I’ve actually been lying to him all along.”

No wonder he had such an expression, and he probably even almost had a seizure at the time, right?

The scarred man fell silent.

Wenren Heng was not in the least surprised. He had guessed that it had probably happened like this.

His Junior Brother had suspected that Mr. Xiao was possibly the Alliance Leader’s man and presumably had first wanted to confirm it, before then finding a way to convince Mr. Xiao that the white piece intended to harm the Alliance Leader. Perhaps, the other had even proposed a willingness to partner with the Alliance Leader in order to kill the white piece and rescue Young Master Zhong.

And once Mr. Xiao’s trust was obtained, and all the information handed over, his Junior Brother would then tell the person that Fuping had already been buried and hadn’t gone so-called missing on purpose, and that the Alliance Leader’s son had been kidnapped by Xie Junming — if Mr. Xiao hadn’t been murdered on the spot, then the person probably would’ve spat out a mouthful of blood.

He looked at his Junior Brother. “Where do you want to return to?”

“Of course it’s to return to our Demonic Sect’s headquarters.” Ye You smiled and said, “If Sect Master Wenren isn’t busy, would you do me the honor of accompanying me for a cup of wine?”

Wenren Heng said, “Let’s go.”

Ye You gave those two Elders beside him a glance, indicating that they could return to Shaolin. The two had continuously been observing him and Wenren Heng, feeling as if their relationship didn’t appear to be too bad, and so they did their utmost to blink meaningfully at him. Ye You lifted his brows slightly and took them to the side, asking, “What is it?”

Elder Miao said, “Sect Master, Wenren Heng said you were disciple-brothers.”

Elder Hei added, “He had even unfathomably used a, ‘first of all,’ as if there were even more things to talk about.”

Ye You said, “He really is my Senior Brother.”

“…” Elder Miao thought that luckily he hadn’t beaten the guy up and asked, “Then what was Sect Master doing just now, pretending not to be familiar with him?”

Elder Hei said, “And you even called him Sect Master Wenren, saying that ‘it’s been a long time’. Didn’t you two just separate from one another this morning? Do you not want to recognize him? We can help you make him leave?”