Chapter 3

Regarding not so urgent matters, Qin Yuemian liked to focus on the parts that he was most interested in before considering other things. This time was also the same.

After Wenren Heng left, he drank half a cup of tea by himself before realizing that there was a problem.

If the jade pendant really was lost - as Wenren Heng said, the one who could've taken it was definitely someone remarkable - then perhaps the matter at the inn was a trap. Otherwise, how could the lost jade pendant have just happened to make its way to the young sir's body, how could he have just happened to be at the same inn, and how could something happen right as he just decided to stay?

This was all too coincidental.

Furthermore, that young sir had already lost consciousness by then. It would've been much more reliable if the assassin simply killed him. Why set a fire? Could it be that he was waiting to be saved so as to be brought back to Wenren Heng?

Qin Yuemian could no longer sit still and quickly left to look for them.

Other than his face, Ye You also had burns on other parts of his body. However, luckily, they were not that severe, and having been nursed by good food and good medicine for half a month, Ye You felt his pain had already largely dissipated, with none of the injuries affecting his movements.

He sat on the couch with familiar ease to wait for his medicine to be reapplied.

When Qin Yuemian entered, he saw that the young sir's bandages had been undone and gown half-open. With the face half-beautiful and half-terrifying and his casual, laid-back attitude, anyone would be hard-pressed to find anyone else in the entirety of Jianghu with the same elegant bearing. Qin Yuemian let out a faint breath, sweeping his eyes to see Wenren Heng tenderly sitting on the side, with the air of a "good Senior Brother", causing the corners of his own mouth to twitch a little.

Wenren Heng was currently studying a small porcelain bottle on top of a tray and saying, "Very good. This is Miracle Doctor Ji's medicine."

Qin Yuemian snapped out of his reverie and walked over, taking the opportunity to interject, "Yes, it's Hundred-Grass Dew[1]."

Ye You sniffed the faint fragrance in the air that let people feel at ease and, for clarity, asked, "So it's a miracle medicine that can treat both injuries and scars?"

Wenren Heng and Qin Yuemian both immediately turned to look at him, with the latter sharply asking, "You know it?"

"I know it," Ye You lifted a brow, "Could it be that normal people don't?"

"...No, that's not it. Most people in Jianghu know it." Qin Yuemian pushed down the split second of doubt that had threatened to bubble up from within, and politely explained, "It's simply that you just said you forgot everything, so I thought it was strange."

Ye You was extremely clever.

His mind moved faster than Qin Yuemian's. Whatever Qin Yuemian had considered, and even the things he hadn't, Ye You had already considered, so now with only a look, he knew what this Manor Lord was thinking. Although he also thought that there were problems with the matters at the inn, he truly did lose his memory. Whether there's truly a conspiracy or not, even he is not clear about it right now.