Chapter 87

After sitting in a carriage for an entire day, Ye You’s first thought upon entering the inn was to soak in a hot bath.

But then, right as the water was carried inside, a noisy clamor suddenly started up outside. Hearing that familiar voice, he raised a brow slightly and looked at his Senior Brother.

Wenren Heng had also heard it and said, “I’ll go look. You can just focus on taking your bath.”

Ye You refocused his thoughts. “I should also go. I can’t very well lower myself to the little lady’s level.”

Wenren Heng gave him a rather meaningful look before leaving the room together with him. They then heard Wei Jiangrou’s tone of voice suddenly change, turning away from the previous deliberately cute tone into one of shock, “—-What?”

Ye You pensively sighed. “Lady Xiao-Rou’s voice is still as pleasant as ever, I see.”

The moment those words fell, Wei Jiangrou followed with the question, “Second Brother’s martial arts are that good, how could he have been kidnapped?”

Manor Lord Wei said, “He still doesn’t count as an expert. You need to hurry on home.”

“I’m not going,” Wei Jiangrou said, “Second Brother’s been kidnapped, so how could I leave. I want to wait here for news.

Manor Lord Wei raised a brow as he silently looked at her.

Wei Jiangrou rarely saw her dad like this and immediately felt wronged. Sounding as if she was about to cry, she said, “I know that Dad still blames me, but what I did that time really wasn’t on purpose. In a while, I’ll go and apologize to Ah-Xiao, all right? Anyway, even if I do go home, what if I also get kidnapped on the road back?”

“That’s right, Uncle.” The Sir Yang who had accompanied Wei Jiangrou here tried to urge, “Xiao-Rou’s also just worried about you. You don’t know about this, but when she just returned, she cried every day.”

“I haven’t even gotten to you yet. Why did you also come?” Manor Lord Wei looked at him. “You also need to go back. Don’t participate in this.”

Sir Yang said, “How could I feel at ease letting Xiao-Rou go out by herself.”

As Ye You and his Senior Brother listened, they also slowly began walking over.

Many people were standing there.

There were some who had heard the noise and came out to investigate but, upon finding that it was a family matter, were already turning around to leave. There were others who were Junior Sect Masters on good terms with Sir Yang and so had probably ran over when they saw him but were now hesitating over whether they should retreat. The rest were dressed as bodyguards and were probably brought over by Sir Yang.

At this moment, Manor Lord Wei, Wei Jiangrou, and Sir Yang were standing right in the middle of this crowd of people.

Manor Lord Wei was standing at the door of the guest room while Sir Yang and Wei Jiangrou were on either side of him. What’s more, Wei Jiangrou currently had a death grip on the room door, and three people from “Heaven’s Firmament” were standing behind her, not daring to move.

Ye You quickly sized up the situation and guessed that Manor Lord Wei wanted to send Wei Jiangrou away but Wei Jiangrou refused, which was why there was now a deadlock at the door.