Chapter 89

Wanping Weir was an incredibly large body of water, and there was an abundance of fishing villages in the surroundings, more than ten.

There was a fort on the weir. Its size wasn’t particularly big, but it was quite strong and shouldn’t be underestimated.

The most important thing was that it was home to a sect from the demonic faction.

Thus, after “Sect Master Ye” had spoken, someone immediately followed with the question, “What if nothing’s there?”

Elder Baili said, “Then it’s also not a long delay.”

The person asked again, “Then what if you’re colluding with the people of Chenhong Fort[1] and have set a trap for us?”

“Compare how many people from the righteous faction are here right now to how many people the fort has. Can you count?” Without waiting for Elder Baili to speak, Xie Junming had unhurriedly walked over and, looking at that person, said, “If you don’t have the guts to go, just say it outright. It’s not like I’m going to laugh at you, isn’t that right, darling?”

Elder Baili said, “Mn.”

Xie Junming gave him a look and couldn’t help but grab his hand. “Darling, right now, you’re really like a wife who obediently listens to whomever she marries[2]. No matter what I say, you always agree. It really makes me feel so moved.”

“…” Elder Baili’s lips twitched.

He can hear it! This is Xie Junming looking down on him because he doesn’t have the Sect Master’s poisonous tongue, so he can’t follow along with the other to mock people — goddammit, does this guy think that just by wanting to, he can just automatically know how to do it!

Wenren Heng and Ye You weren’t listening to this confrontation and were instead looking at those elders.

“As long as we’re fast enough, the white piece won’t have the time to pass on the news,” Wenren Heng said, “We could completely catch them by surprise. And if there really isn’t anything there, we’d cause only a half-a-day’s delay. How about it?”

Academy Master Ge was the first to speak. “I agree with going.”

Abbot Ciyuan and Sect Leader Xuanyang looked at one another; they also thought there was a need to investigate this. The rest of the elders mostly thought the same thing. Pavilion Master Ding asked, “Wanping Weir is that big, so how are we going to search?”

Ye You said, “Sect Master Ye says he knows the location.”

The moment the words ‘Sect Master Ye’ came out, those elders who were in agreement immediately felt their hearts jump, afraid that they were about to be tricked.

And then, before they could express their thoughts, at this time, Xie Junming suddenly jumped onto the carriage due to something-or-other that the other side had said. With his back to Wenren Heng and the others, he looked arrogantly down at everyone in the righteous faction below and delivered the first blow, “Do you know why I never thought much of you righteous faction people? Because all of you think too much, and so you don’t man up when you need to.”

Fuck!

Everyone grew angry.

The second blow.