Chapter 59

Wei Jiangyue instantly thought that he had mistakenly entered a fantasy.

This time, he couldn’t hold himself back, and he suddenly stood up. “What did you say?”

Wenren Heng quietly looked at him.

Wei Jiangyue forced himself to sit back down and said, very tensely, “This isn’t possible. Do you have proof?”

“No, it’s only a suspicion,” Wenren Heng said, “First, the white piece has the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison on hand. Those who came into contact with that monster originally, Manor Lord Wei, Pavilion Master Ding, and those elders, are all suspicious. Manor Lord Wei and Pavilion Master Ding acted as the leaders, so they had even more opportunities.”

Wei Jiangyue said, “It’s only an opportunity.”

Wenren Heng slowly drank a sip of tea. “Second, ten years ago, my Master was murdered. I suspect that the swordsman who had a qi deviation at the time had been fed the drug. Manor Lord Wei was coincidentally chasing behind him and brought along people to kill him.”

“Saying it like that, wasn’t my dad getting rid of evil for the sake of the martial arts circle? And he still managed to invite suspicion?” Wei Jiangyue couldn’t help but let out a cold laugh, but he immediately realized that arguing like this was wasting time and forcefully wrestled back his rationality. He said, “If that swordsman really had been fed the drug, it also could’ve been done by someone else. What does it have to do with my dad? Over the years, the things my dad has done for the martial arts circle are obvious to everyone. Besides, twenty years ago, Fengxian Manor was one of the two great sects of Jianghu and wouldn’t have been at a disadvantage even when going against Lingjian Pavilion. Would my dad find it worthwhile to make a troop of drugged men?”

Wenren Heng said, “So I said it was only a suspicion.”

It was the first time that Wei Jiangyue thought that the other’s calm manner was somewhat hateful. Pushing down his anger, he said, “Your suspicions do not have a single bit of basis.”

Wenren Heng said, neither slowly nor quickly, “My Junior Brother also suspects the same thing.”

Wei Jiangyue choked, and the face underneath those bandages turned even more unsightly.

Wenren Heng just knew that this person’s attitude towards him and his Junior Brother was somewhat different, and he gave the other a look.

Wei Jiangyue suppressed his disordered state of mind and strove for calmness. “Not speaking of anything else, let’s just talk about the things that happened along the way. At that villa, Blood-sucking Ghost wanted to kidnap Xiao-Rou, and he also murdered my sixth brother in the past. All of this couldn’t have been purposely engineered by my dad.”

Wenren Heng said, “At that time, the first one who gave chase after Blood-sucking Ghost was Manor Lord Wei. The kind of experts they were, they’d very easily be able to find an opportunity to have a few words of conversation. I’m guessing that kidnapping your sister was also Manor Lord Wei’s idea; the first reason being that he knew nothing would happen so he arranged it like that, and the second reason is something you won’t like hearing.”

Wei Jiangyue harshly asked, “What kind of thing would be uglier to hear than all of this?”

Wenren Heng said, “At that time, your sister and my Junior Brother were standing very close to one another. So when a father who dotes on his daughter suddenly comes across someone who’d hinder his daughter, and who had also caused his darling daughter to cry a few times, if he came across an opportunity to eliminate this other party, do you think he’d do it?”