Chapter 81

Ye You hadn’t lost consciousness too thoroughly.

At least, he knew that he had been sent back to Shaolin by his Senior Brother, and in the midst of it, he suddenly seemed to have heard Miaomiao’s voice, as if the other was guarding his side, moving restlessly to and fro. He wanted this person to shut up, but before he could open his mouth, he stopped being aware of anything at all.

When he awoke, he didn’t know how long it had been, and right as he moved, he felt himself being pulled into a tight embrace. A familiar warmth enveloped him, and he felt his own heart warm up along with it, so comfortable that it made one simply want to drown in it.

He shifted over to that side before reaching up to feel the bandages on his face, but his hand was immediately grabbed.

Wenren Heng said, “Don’t fiddle with it.”

Ye You said, “How long was I asleep?”

Wenren Heng said, “A day.”

Ye You said, “Where’s Cong Yun?”

“Ran away,” Wenren Heng said, “After he was hit by your palm strike, he threw out two concealed weapons. Their men coincidentally caught up and so took him away. I had people chase him, but they weren’t able to catch up.”

Ye You made a sound in acknowledgment and asked, “What happened afterwards?”

Wenren Heng held the other’s hand and slowly played with it as he recounted the events.

After the incident happened, he had carried his Junior Brother back to Shaolin. During this process, he had also passed down an order to the shadow guards, telling them to continue acting out their play and let people believe that the beauty had gone missing. Although the possibility wasn’t high that Cong Yun could still be tricked after all that had happened, they still needed to at least somewhat try.

And then afterwards all that was left was taking care of those injuries.

Wenren Heng sighed. “Thankfully you had taken that medicine that made you immune to poisons ahead of time.”

Ye You laughed. “They were the opponents, so naturally I’d be more careful.”

Wenren Heng said, “Miracle Doctor Ji said that if you hadn’t taken the medicine, you wouldn’t have fallen unconscious, but your eyes will hurt for a few more days. They need to be taken care of for more than a month. If you had accidentally breathed it in, your internal organs would’ve suffered damage.”

Ye You startled before then lightly letting out a breath. “Difficult to deal with, sure enough.”

With Cong Yun’s concealed weapon, if someone unprepared happened across it, then the person would definitely cover his eyes and roll around on the ground, but even if someone was prepared, the person would still be knocked unconscious, and so wouldn’t have been able to run all the same. If Cong Yun had not suffered from a palm strike, and if his Senior Brother hadn’t been coincidentally by his side, then he’d have been the one who was out of luck in the end.

He said, “I really hope that palm strike will be able to kill him.”

Wenren Heng knew that his Junior Brother had definitely used full strength, and it was truly difficult to say whether or not Cong Yun would actually survive. He said, “Miracle Doctor Ji said that he’ll try to make some other antidotes. If Cong Yun really survived out of sheer luck, then take Miracle Doctor Ji’s medicine when facing him in the future.”