Chapter 10

The person speaking with Wenren Heng was a youthful young sir, with the bearing of a martial artist, and a faint air of arrogance on his face.

When he saw Ye You enter the room, he looked the other up and down and said, “This is your Junior Brother?”

Wenren Heng nodded, looking at his Junior Brother while smiling. “You’ve returned?”

Ye You made a sound in acknowledgement, and hearing his Senior Brother introduce this man as Sir Wei, he politely gave a greeting. Sir Wei nodded his head and didn’t continue intruding, immediately taking his leave. Ye You poured himself a cup of water, and when his Senior Brother returned from seeing the man off, he asked, “He’s Manor Lord Wei’s son?”

“Yes, he’s the family’s second young master.” Wenren Heng walked to his side and sat down. Nose twitching, he said, “You drank wine?”

Ye You didn’t even blink. “No, I didn’t.”

Wenren Heng looked at him.

“The person sitting next to me drank a lot of wine, so that’s why there’s the smell of alcohol on me.” Ye You randomly brought out an excuse to placate the other before hastily changing the subject, “Did Sir Wei come to look for you because of his younger sister? It probably wasn’t Manor Lord Wei’s idea, right?”

Wenren Heng wasn’t the least bit curious where the other had heard about this situation. In agreement, he said, “Yes, it’s most likely he himself who wanted to ask.”

Ye You knew he was right. Manor Lord Wei looked sly and cunning; he wouldn’t have supported being so impetuous.

He also wanted to say to not use him as an excuse, but then remembered that his Senior Brother and the Wei family have had years of good relations, so the other probably couldn’t speak too openly or reject too adamantly and could only drag things on. If the opposing party was smart and discrete enough, they probably won’t bring up this matter again.

He thought of the scarred man’s words and asked, “How did Senior Brother and Manor Lord Wei meet?”

Wenren Heng was silent for a moment before saying, “Ten years ago, when Master suffered a fatal injury, it was him who led men to kill the assassin. And, afterwards, he also helped me arrange Master’s funeral.”

Ye You suddenly felt a brief ache in his heart and a stuffy feeling throughout his chest. These feelings were similar to the last time. They came quickly and also left quickly. He let out a breath before asking, “Master was fatally injured? By who?”

“It was an incredibly strong swordsman known as ‘Boundless Line‘[1]. He was obsessed with practicing his martial skill, and his internal energy increased rapidly, though as a result, he murdered many people. A wounded adventurer from Jianghu escaped to Master’s house to plead for help. Who knew that the moment he arrived would also be the moment he was caught…” Wenren Heng’s voice was very serene.

It had already been ten years. At the time, he had held a youth’s piercing grief and a hard stone of blank helplessness. But as the river of time flowed, so too did the hard stone turn into fine sand, and even the great waves of pain and hatred would gradually calm and abate. The only thing that remained was a disappointed sigh, an ordinary lingering spider thread in his mind.