Chapter 75

Miracle Doctor Ji’s oldest disciple was called Cong Yun.

Ye You could discover only that this person had been picked up by Miracle Doctor Ji, and he didn’t know where this name had come from. The only thing he was certain about was that this person was discriminatory and cold-blooded, not very suited to such a picturesque name as “Cong Yun“[1].

Cong Yun had become famous at a young age, and when he faked his death, he had still been a youth of only sixteen or seventeen. Even after over twenty years, he still had yet to reach the age of forty.

He looked very upright, and perhaps owing to his exquisite medical expertise or perhaps owing to having lived too well these past several years, he didn’t look even a bit old. If he said he was twenty-eight or twenty-nine, people would probably still believe him.

The pink-clothed little girl on the side had been startled for a moment by Cong Yun’s abrupt movement and, afterwards, didn’t run around anymore, obediently walking over to his side to stand. With wide, bright eyes, she curiously looked at them.

At Ye You’s current level, he was able to determine a person’s strength through just their breathing, footsteps, or other minutely subtle things. Now that this little girl had suddenly calmed down and wasn’t deliberately making her footsteps chaotic, she was no longer able to escape Ye You’s eyes even though she walked only a few steps.

This girl’s martial skill isn’t weak, he thought.

He didn’t know whether it had anything to do with the drug, only that when he and his Senior Brother were this age, they didn’t have as much strength as her. As time went on, this girl would definitely become an expert.

He looked at Cong Yun and attempted to free himself, politely saying, “I believe this gentleman has recognized the wrong person. This one is surnamed Ye.”

Cong Yun loosened his hand, though his eyes still stared at the other, unblinking, but he carefully suppressed his burning mood until it wasn’t so clearly forceful. He said, “Young sir looks very much like one of my friends. Apologies for my rudeness.”

Ye You said, smiling, “No harm done. With so many people in this word, it’s not surprising that some would look alike.”

Cong Yun asked, “Young sir also came to light some incense?”

Ye You said, “Yes, my younger brother’s health is not good. For his sake, I came to recite some scripture and pray for blessings.”

“Do you know how exactly he’s unwell?” Seeing the other’s eyes carry a hint of question, Cong Yun explained, “If the young sir does not take offense, then there’s no harm in talking about it. I’m a doctor, so perhaps I can provide some help.”

Ye You sighed. “He was born prematurely. Since he was small, he’s been weak and prone to illness. In the past month, he’s always saying that he’s tired, and there’s also no color on his face. He even faints with the slightest movement. Our family has invited doctors before, and he’s also tried many different kinds of medicine, but there’s never been any improvement.”

Cong Yun said, “If the young sir allows, why don’t I go for an examination?”

Ye You said, “All right, but I’ve already made a vow to Buddha to recite scripture for seven days. Right now, it’s been only two days, so I still need to stay for five more.”