Chapter 96

When Wenren Heng returned, Ye You was currently unhurriedly drinking the fish soup.

He gave the food on the table a glance and said, smiling, “You’re eating far more sumptuously than I.”

Ye You said, all smiles, “Who allowed me to be ill.”

Wenren Heng walked to his side to sit down and, upon glimpsing that he had some food residue on the corner of his lips, pulled over his chin to help him wipe his mouth clean. Ye You unconsciously licked his lips, but who could’ve known that his Senior Brother hadn’t yet retracted that hand and so was coincidentally licked as well. Wenren Heng’s expression slightly darkened, and the person pressed him down to kiss for a while before letting him go in satisfaction, praising, “The fish soup’s not bad.”

Ye You said, “Want a bowl?”

Wenren Heng said, “All right.”

The two thereupon sat around the table of food, drinking and talking.

With the other around, Wenren Heng’s mood was quite good, so he followed along to eat a bit. He then discovered that although the ingredients were the same, the taste was completely different from what he had just eaten, and he said, “He’s certainly quite meticulous in his care for you.”

Ye You silently took a moment to react before immediately letting out a laugh.

Wenren Heng said, “What?”

Ye You said, “If I doubled back to taste the food at Xie Junming and them’s table, I’d know that it’d be exactly the same as the ones on this table. That food definitely didn’t come from the same pot or the same people as the food all the rest of you ate.”

As Wenren Heng startled, he suddenly remembered that the Fort Master seemed to have a somewhat strange expression upon seeing him appear at the dining hall.

He had originally thought that the person had been astonished that he hadn’t decided to accompany his Junior Brother, but now… He looked at the food on this table and immediately understood that this had been prepared for the two of them. And when he entered the dining hall, the food had already been set out, so the Fort Master would’ve exposed himself if the person had made people change it, which also explained the strange reaction at the time.

Wenren Heng wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry.

Those righteous faction elders most likely would never think to imagine that the master of this place would actually secretly maneuver against them right underneath their noses, especially when they had come as guests.

Ye You said, “This time, he welcomed the righteous faction into the fort entirely out of respect for me. Actually, from the start, he never liked these people, and so he’d naturally not be serious about acting as a good host. This temperament quite suits me.”

Upon hearing this, Wenren Heng thought of something and asked, “After matters are over, you won’t return to the righteous faction?”

Ye You said, “I won’t return. The demonic faction is quite good, and I also like the way the Demonic Sect sounds.”

Wenren Heng knew that his Junior Brother had originally changed that name into “Demonic Sect” to show an unwillingness to enter the righteous faction, though he had originally thought that it was related to the matter of the white piece, but who knew that this person would be unwilling to return even after taking care of the white piece. He thus nodded, with no desire to force the other.