Chapter 25

Young Miracle Doctor Fang’s mind seemed to contain only medical books and patients.

After saying that he was going to monitor Sir Xiao constantly, he decided to start staying with them immediately, starting tonight.

When the scarred man went to send off Sir Wei and Sir Yang at the door, he didn’t dare to look in the direction of his Sect Master’s face.

Both Wei and Yang knew that Wenren Heng had always been living together with his Junior Brother, so upon their departure, they couldn’t help first giving a look of admiration to the Young Miracle Doctor. The Young Miracle Doctor was sitting very straight and, having just brought out a medical text, was also diligently studying it. They internally thought that even if one’s thoughts were pure, it still didn’t mean that one would be free from trouble.

Wei Jiangyue had a mind to look at the expression on Wenren Heng’s face, but when he turned over to look, through some supernatural occurrence, he somehow found himself drawn to Sir Xiao’s person instead.

Ye You seemed to have somewhat felt that gaze and lifted his eyes to look at the other.

Ordinarily, he was covered in bandages, with only a few open holes left on his face, so no one ever felt the desire to look at him closely. Now that his bandages were gone, contrasted with his black hair, Wei Jiangyue suddenly realized that the color of his pupils was very light. Although his expression seemed disorganized, his eyes were penetrating, appearing mixed together with a sliver of indifference, looking for all the world as if he could see through one’s soul.

Aloof and remote, untouchable by human hands.

Wei Jiangyue’s breathing turned slightly sluggish, and he hastily averted his eyes in discomfort.

After the people left, the room became quiet.

Seeing Wenren Heng return, Young Miracle Doctor Fang lifted his head from the medical text and said to the other, “Your health isn’t good. It’s better if you go to sleep early. Sect Master Wenren, if there’s nothing urgent, we can talk about everything else tomorrow.” The meaning was that the other could leave and go to sleep.

Wenren Heng smiled in a refined way. “I live together with my Junior Brother.”

Young Miracle Doctor Fang looked at him, then looked at Sir Xiao. Foolishly, he took a while to react before understanding his meaning. He persevered with, “I’m still going to stay here.”

Wenren Heng examined him closely a few times, eventually deciding to pass over this topic for now. He asked, “Young Miracle Doctor Fang, you said that it’d become troublesome if my Junior Brother spat out blood two more times, but what exactly is it that you discovered?”

Now that they were on the topic of illnesses, the Young Miracle Doctor quickly regained his previous solemn and earnest expression. “My Master’s letter had previously mentioned his condition. It said that his internal energy comes and goes and that it can’t be found, but when I was taking his pulse just now, I found that his internal energy was somewhat unsteady, most likely caused by his spitting out blood.” He looked at Sir Xiao. “When you spat blood, did you first feel as if your energy was stuffy?”

Ye You said, “Yes.”

The Young Miracle Doctor said, “As expected.”