Chapter 86

From Shengyin City to Wuyun City, if they hurried, it’d require only seven days.

Towards the fact that the letter was written by a different person, everyone more or less had some thoughts about it and so weren’t too anxious to hurry along the way. Instead, they first sent a portion of people to Wuyun City to probe some information while also taking the chance to send a letter to the influential family there.

After the Hua family suffered that massacre, the family that replaced them was the Sheng family.

The Sheng family had originally lived in Wuyun City, and they were even somewhat related to the Hua family, so after what happened to the Hua family, the Sheng family then slowly expanded in influence. And because of the prior disastrous example of the Hua family, the Sheng family felt some lingering fear towards Jianghu and gradually made moves intending to distance themselves from that world. Now, some of their younger generations had already become government officials, and these youths generally maintained a neutral attitude towards Jianghu.

But the family was, when all was said and done, still part of Jianghu, and the old family head still had many friends, though the most interaction he usually had with them was a greeting or two during the holidays. He had completely not imagined that such an important matter of Jianghu could involve the family.

So when he received the news, the Sheng Patriarch’s vision immediately went black, and he almost took a fall.

He had lived through that experience with the Hua family.

That such a prestigious and influential family could disappear overnight had let him come to the deep realization of how truly frightening the experts of the martial arts circles were. To this day, he still had those same lingering fears, and so upon hearing that those experts were coming here, his face turned pale, fearing that a fight would break out.

The Sheng family head also furrowed his brows deeply.

Recently, Fengxian Manor, Lingjian Pavilion, and the other sects of the righteous faction were investigating the degenerate who had burrowed into their righteous faction. This matter had not simply disturbed Shaolin and Wudang, but even the demonic faction’s Wuwang Temple and Demonic Sect were participating. Matters had become so big that it wouldn’t be too much to say that it had become known to everyone. Although the Sheng family did not take much interest in the affairs of Jianghu, they still paid attention to certain major upheavals, with the most recent being that the Alliance Leader’s house had been burned. It just went to show how truly big things had gotten.

The Sheng family head knew that this matter had started from the time when the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison reappeared in Jianghu, and then later there was even the appearance of Pursued Until Scattered. Now, those people had actually turned to their Wuyun City. It really made people unable to help but overthink.

He asked, “Could it be that there were people who survived from the Hua family?”

“How could that be?” The Sheng Patriarch said, “Your mother was cousin[1] to the Hua family. When that matter happened that year, it wasn’t only the righteous faction, but we also followed along to search for a very long while. If there had been any survivors, I would’ve long taken them back home.”

The Sheng family head said, “Dad, think about the matter this time. What if that year the person had some other motives, and didn’t want to be exposed, so he stayed hidden for twenty years before coming back to take revenge?”