Chapter 97

Ye You’s first reaction was to leave the fort.

But right before he went, he left behind some instructions, saying, “If the monster returns in a while, all of you tell him that me and my Senior Brother took a troop of people to circle around to the front to cut them off.”

The Fort Master was shocked. “He’d still come back?”

Ye You said, “He’ll inevitably come back.”

The Fort Master said, “Why?”

Ye You said, “Because I’m here.”

The Fort Master was even more shocked. “Ah?”

Ding Xilai and that crowd of Junior Sect Masters were all huddled near the entrance to the gates, and upon hearing this, they ran over to look at him, all of them wanting to know what was going to happen later.

Ye You gave them a look. “All of you just have to stay in your rooms without coming out, and he won’t touch you.” As he spoke, he looked at the Fort Master, “You as well. It’ll be fine if you just send someone to answer his questions. Don’t go tempting fate for no reason, in case he ends up killing someone on a whim in a fit of anger.”

For now, the Fort Master didn’t respond and instead looked towards Xie Junming, “Big bro, what about you?”

Xie Junming said, “Of course I’m going with them.”

The Fort Master said, “Then I’ll go too.”

Ye You said, “Fort Master…”

“Sir Xiao, I just want to be with my big bro; I’m not going because of you.” The Fort Master had interrupted him while still looking at Xie Junming, but those who knew the truth could tell that he was speaking to both Ye You and Xie Junming. “Brothers should naturally share in both their blessings and their hardships together, so since I’ve learned of these matters, I can’t just sit on the sidelines. In other words, do you think of me as a brother?”

I’ll allow it, though Ye You didn’t bother to say it.

Xie Junming said, smiling, “I think of you as a brother, but what will you do with these subordinates of yours?”

The Fort Master said, “I’ll listen to you. If you let me bring them, I’ll bring them all.”

Xie Junming said, “No need. Let’s go then.”

Ye You also didn’t want to waste too much time. In the end, he shot that crowd of people near the entrance a glance, “Remember, great plans can be ruined by just a touch of impatience.”

When he finished speaking, he went to his Senior Brother’s side.

Wenren Heng held him firmly by the waist and, along with Xie Junming and the others, used some lightness skills to travel a fair distance, following the current and flying over the river surface until everyone had reached the opposite shore. Their figures quickly disappeared into the forest.

Ding Xilai and the others watched as they got far away and then began walking back one after the other.

“What did Sir Xiao’s final words mean?”