Chapter 58

Ding Xilai had never dared to act impudent in front of his old man, so he also didn’t dare to ask his old man about the matter with the Alliance Leader and Xie Junming. This morning, he had also lazily overslept for a while and hadn’t had the time to ask that crowd of Junior Sect Masters before he ran, burning with anxiety, to find Sir Xiao. Thus, at this time, he still didn’t know the actual facts.

He watched and waited for an entire morning, and upon seeing Sir Xiao and Sect Master Wenren about to leave the hall when they finished eating, he also left.

He hurriedly chased after them. He tried enduring it but in the end couldn’t and so ended up asking, in a small voice, “Why does everyone think that the Alliance Leader was tricked away by the white piece?”

Ye You said, “Didn’t you also believe this before?”

Ding Xilai said, “I had been considering it from a big picture perspective, but there’s actually still another possible reason.”

Ye You was somewhat curious about this young master’s reasoning and asked, “Oh?”

Ding Xilai’s voice went even lower, “Wasn’t Xie Junming interested in the Alliance Leader? What if the Alliance Leader is afraid that Xie Junming would mess around some more, and so left for the sake of avoiding him?”

Ye You, “…”

Wenren Heng, “…”

So as it turned out, he had completely not tried to look deeper into the words that those elders and Xie Junming had exchanged just now.

The two both didn’t open their mouths, and Ding Xilai was about to ask again when he heard Ren Shaotian let out a dry cough. Immediately following, the familiar sound of the great Temple Master Xie’s voice echoed from behind, sounding rather as if he was in deep thought, “Say that again.”

“…” In one giant leap, Ding Xilai rushed over to Ren Shaotian’s side, hiding behind the other, not daring to look over.

Xie Junming laughed, looking as if he was about to drink blood. “I’ll count to three, and you better come out.”

Ding Xilai looked beseechingly at Sir Xiao and saw the other indicate that he should come out. Upon hearing Temple Master Xie already counting to two, he sucked in a deep breath, stiffened up his face, and came out.

“Acceptable, still counts as knowing where you stand right now.” Xie Junming was a bit more satisfied. Reaching out two fingers, he pinched the other’s face. “What did you say just now?”

Ding Xilai said, “I was wrong.”

Xie Junming asked, “Where were you wrong?”

Ding Xilai’s attitude was very earnest. “I shouldn’t be talking bad about someone behind their back.”

Although Xie Junming was unbridled, he was still the master of a temple, and he had no interest in getting into an actual dispute with someone younger. He simply told the other to get the facts straight and that he’ll give the other a beating if he heard this kind of talk again. Ding Xilai had not thought that he would’ve been let go so easily, and blinking, he deeply thought that this was all because of Sir Xiao’s encouragement. He then became even more resolute in his conviction to follow and mingle with Sir Xiao.