Chapter 7

Suzhou's Wang family wasn't a Jianghu Sect.

Or one could say, that they used to be, but they weren't anymore.

Since the time that Ye You learned that his Senior Brother was the Sect Master of Shuangji Sect, he realized that he had forgotten not only people but also the various Jianghu sects. The only thing he could do was sit lovably on the cart and wait for his Senior Brother to feed him information. Fortunately, although Wenren Heng was full of tricks, on the surface he still had to practice his martial arts. Not to mention that the other was his Junior Brother, so naturally he was also willing to explain things to Ye You.

"At this time, I've also heard this only from other people," Wenren Heng said, "Around twenty years ago, a monster emerged in Jianghu. For the sake of a rare martial arts book, he slaughtered three entire clans. The Wang Patriarch's eldest son happened to be friends with the head of one of those clans, so he happened to be present that day and was also killed at the hands of the monster. The righteous factions were infuriated, so they came together and eliminated that monster. In Jianghu, this became known as the 'Demon Slaughter' incident. The Wang family also participated, but after they got their revenge, they gradually withdrew from Jianghu. Standing aloof and isolated in these past few years, the family has passed their days smoothly and steadily."

Ye You then asked, "Then is the one who gave the Wang Patriarch the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison an old enemy?"

Wenren Heng looked at him very tenderly, using an "even though you have amnesia, Senior Brother still loves you" expression to tell him that he had missed the main point. He said, "Lantern-Extinguishing Poison is precisely that monster's specialty poison. When that monster died, this poison also vanished without a trace."

Ye You, "..."

Wenren Heng personally poured him a cup of tea and added, "So that's why now that the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison has reemerged, there's an enormous fuss and people are alarmed."

Ye You lowered his head to drink his tea, not wanting to look at the other.

The corners of Wenren Heng's mouth lifted, before disappearing almost as soon as it appeared. He then finished explaining with, "Reportedly, many died during the 'Demon Slaughter' incident, so no one wants that monster to have a successor or there to be another. Right now there must be many people from Jianghu going to the Wang family. Remember to stay closely by my side, and don't cause too much trouble."

Ye You very sincerely said, "Yes."

Wenren Heng looked at him. He knew that that time at the inn, his Junior Brother had definitely heard him mention the Demonic Sect. Now that he's unexpectedly not taking this opportunity to ask if the demonic factions will sneak in to search for information, Wenren Heng was afraid that, when the conversation did turn to the Demonic Sect, the other would decide to investigate privately by himself.

Never mind, in any case, it was impossible for those from the Demonic Sect to never come searching for their Sect Master. It was only a matter of time. Right now, all he could do was delay it by even one more day.

Seeing the other's silence, Ye You didn't want to let the conversation simply end here, so he continued asking, "How does Elder Wang act towards other people?"

Wenren Heng said, "He's very good-natured. I've never heard of him having any major conflicts with anyone."

Ye You meaningfully said, "Then this is a bit strange."