Chapter 71

Ding Xilai’s opportunity to pretend to be a martial hero quickly fell through.

He had originally thought that the fight was between simple commoners, and since he knew martial arts, he would definitely be able to set them to rights and nimbly resolve the dispute, all the while receiving countless amounts of gratitude and adoration. But he had just rolled up his sleeves when someone nearby hurriedly stopped him.

“Little young sir, you better not go over. Those are Jianghu people, flying hither and thither, and even carrying blades!”

Ding Xilai blinked. “Jianghu people?”

The bystander said, “That’s right!”

Ding Xilai immediately felt somewhat terrified and silently pulled his sleeves back into their original positions. Thinking that he was after all the Junior Pavilion Master of Lingjian Pavilion, he stood up straight, clasping his hands behind his back, and said, with an air of righteousness, “Then I need to go take a look even more. It’s the Mid-Autumn Festival, so how could they cause such a disturbance among the common people? Uncle, don’t worry, I’m also a person of Jianghu. It’s fine to leave this to me. You should go hide a bit further away.”

That person sized him up in surprise. “Then… then I’ll leave it to you, martial hero.”

Ding Xilai calmly nodded his head and walked forward with Ren Shaotian. Only after a moment did he start walking slower and stop pretending. He hesitantly asked, “Shaotian, do you think… if the ones fighting are those of the righteous faction, will they show me some respect? If I go to stop the fight, they wouldn’t also beat me up, right?”

Ren Shaotian smiled and said, “They won’t. Young Master can definitely try to persuade them.”

Ding Xilai thereupon became filled with confidence and, following the sounds, made his way over to the riverside extremely slowly. Under the white light of the moon, he discovered that there was one person fighting with three or four on the bridge, and that person’s back seemed somewhat familiar.

He was just about to move even closer when Ren Shaotian spoke up, “That’s Sect Master Wenren.”

“Ah?” Ding Xilai was shocked, and then immediately thought of something, expression changing. “Then what about Sir Xiao? Sir Xiao was definitely together with him. Where is he? Who did they say it was that fell into the water?”

Ren Shaotian didn’t reply. He waved his hand and indicated that the people of “Moon’s Shadow” who had been following them in secret should protect the young master before then pulling out his sword and rushing forward onto the stone bridge.

With just one exchange of blows, he was able to determine that these were all martial art experts, and his heart sank. Sir Xiao couldn’t use martial arts, and if the person had really been together with Wenren Heng, then it boded ill.

Wenren Heng used a palm to force the people surrounding to retreat, taking this interval of time to say, “Don’t mind me, go look for Ah-Xiao. He fell into the water.”

Ren Shaotian said, “Young Master will go.”

Wenren Heng said, “They have a few people who’ve given chase.”

Ren Shaotian said, “Moon’s Shadow.”

The two’s conversation was exchanged very quickly and concisely, but it still allowed those people to understand their meaning very clearly. Those who had originally wanted to move forward to encircle them couldn’t help but hesitate.