Chapter 16

TN: Oops. I totally spaced at the end of the last chapter. Ye You actually said he was going to a 小倌館 (not a 小館 lmao), which is a brothel specifically for male sex workers. That’ll teach me to post a chapter when I haven’t made significant headway on the next. Changes have been made, etc. etc.
_________

Sometimes Wenren Heng felt as if his entire lifetime’s worth of wisdom and patience would be spent entirely on his Junior Brother.

If he could achieve what he desired, then even if he’s exhausted, he’d still be happy. But every time he’s driven into a corner by his Junior Brother, he’d still feel that he might as well just ignore his Junior Brother’s nonsense, directly undress him, and tie him to the bed with chains.

It was the same this time.

When this Junior Brother of his wanted to do or know something, some incredible patience would be exercised, and if the other party wasn’t careful, information would be wormed out of them in a flash. For instance, at the inn last time, this person wanted to feel out his attitude, and after being lightly rebuffed by him in return, the other shamelessly carried that knowledge until now to use.

Using this talk to sound the other out, his Junior Brother fought in a way that was extremely loud and clear, looking only at the upsides. If he could go out, then good, and even if he couldn’t, it’s all right, since he could simply come up with a different method. As long as he can test the other’s attitude, he won’t suffer any losses.

What could Wenren Heng say?

Don’t indulge too much in your desires[1]? But his Junior Brother had already grown to this point[2], doing such things on occasion wouldn’t count as overindulging in desires.

Is there anything else he could say?

I also like men, why don’t we go together?

If he actually said that, then his Junior Brother would definitely consider the possibility of being the object of his affections and so perhaps in the following days, he could avoid all his Junior Brother’s various ways of probing for information. But one thing couldn’t be forgotten; although, right now, his Junior Brother had amnesia, perhaps someday there will come a time when his memories all return. And if some harrowing thing had occurred between them, then he definitely couldn’t admit to it. If he did, his troubles would increase.

So the only thing Wenren Heng could do was hold onto the frame and insincerely tell his Junior Brother to be careful of his safety, and not to drink too much wine.

Ye You obediently said, “Don’t worry, Senior Brother, I know.”

Wenren Heng was extremely furious[3]. He stood at the doorway, unmoving, a smile on his face as he watched the other go out.

When the scarred man gave this scene a look, he simply thought that his Sect Master’s smile was extremely tender, just like the first spring wind of a new year. But perhaps it was that the wind hadn’t yet broken free of winter yet, since within that smile was mixed a layer of bitter cold.

His heart trembled, and he silently advanced. Seeing the importance that the Sect Master attached to that young sir, he felt that the other was about to give an order.

Wenren Heng said, “Keep an eye on him. If he really goes to a male brothel, drinking some wine is still all right, but if… Think of some way to drag him out and send someone to tell me.”