Chapter 105

Wenren Heng’s expression was very bad.

He had long already researched the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison.

If this thing was purely used as a poison, its strength wasn’t too great; it was only a bit troublesome to cure. The Wang Patriarch’s case counted as this type of situation. Conversely, the other situation was being hit with the poison via the Lantern-Extinguishing Skill. The victim would then have all his organs rot, his death extremely wretched. Although his Junior Brother claimed to be only a little poisoned, it was still the monster who had used the Lantern-Extinguishing Skill, so he couldn’t be at ease no matter what.

The reality was just as he had imagined.

They had not left Suiyun Sect for long when his Junior Brother began weakening. After accompanying him to buy a few things and returning to the carriage, the other slid sideways and fell right into his embrace in the next moment.

His heart sank. “Ah-You.”

Ye You said in a low voice, “I’m taking a nap.”

Wenren Heng pinched his chin. “Don’t sleep, wake up.”

Ye You seemed not to have heard, sinking into unconsciousness right after finishing that sentence, and even up until now, he still hadn’t awoken.

Wenren Heng had held him and immediately instructed his subordinate to hurry towards Shaolin.

The subordinate was extremely anxious, since they weren’t the least bit close to Shaolin, so if they weren’t able to make it in time, it’d be terrible. If Manor Lord Wei once again sent people to kill them, it’d become even more dangerous. After finishing this thought, he struck wildly at the horses, frantically hurrying the carriage forward.

The sky had completely darkened, and when the carriage passed by a small village, it was already midnight[1].

The entire street was devoid of people; the only things around were lanterns hung up outside of a few stores, faintly swaying in the cold winter wind.

The subordinate didn’t hear the Sect Master’s order to stay overnight and so continued hurrying onward. At this time, a flurry of hoofbeats suddenly echoed through the air, seemingly striking directly at people’s hearts. His expression unknowingly changed at once.

Wenren Heng naturally was also able to hear this, and his gaze moved slightly away from his Junior Brother.

The subordinate waited and still didn’t hear any kind of order. After a moment of hesitation, he asked if they should first hide a bit and see who was coming before doing anything else. After all, the road before them was an official one, with the horizon wide open. If those truly were people sent by Manor Lord Wei, they definitely wouldn’t be able to run away.

Wenren Heng said concisely, “There’s no place to hide. Steal their horses.”

Sure enough, in the time these two were talking, the people behind had caught up.

What was even worse was that it truly was a group of black-clothed men.

The two parties didn’t mince words, and the moment they were face-to-face, they exchanged blows. Upon seeing that his Junior Brother still hadn’t awoken, he didn’t dare to leave the person behind in the carriage. Anyway, since the other party was able to catch up, they had definitely already considered the possibility of his Junior Brother’s poison spreading, and it’d be useless for him to try to trick them. So he decided simply to carry the person off the carriage.