Chapter 11

The crowd of “martial heroes” couldn’t call this person to Fengchun House no matter how they tried.

When Wenren Heng’s warm gaze swept over them, they somehow felt a slight chill, as if they weren’t worthy to be in the presence of this Sect Master whose demeanor was different from ordinary people!

They immediately took their leave.

Since Ye You had played only this one day, he also wanted to go out the next, but instead he ended up being told by his Senior Brother to exercise a bit more restraint. As the incident with the Wang Patriarch hadn’t been resolved yet and they were living at his residence, their going out to play every day was not proper. He looked at his Senior Brother’s expression of disapproval and asked, “Is Fengchun House fun?”

Wenren Heng said, “I’ve heard it was very famous, though I’ve never been.”

Ye You suggested, “Tonight, let’s go visit. Usually these places have a lot of information. Maybe we can find out something about the poisoner.”

For a split second, Wenren Heng had a very complicated expression on his face, unsure of what exactly he should say. After thinking over the words, he ended up patting his Junior Brother’s shoulder. “Fengchun House is a brothel. Inside… there’s no male prostitutes.”

The implication was that going would be of no use, since he liked men.

“…” Ye You said, “Then I will single-mindedly devote myself to searching for information. Senior Brother, you were the one who said that we’re currently living at the Wang family residence, so we should put forth some effort for them.”

Wenren Heng nodded.

Ye You didn’t think that his Senior Brother would agree this easily and was immediately suspicious.

He was just about to confirm the other’s agreement when this person called over one of his subordinates and quietly gave a few sentences of instruction before lapsing into silence.

As expected, when the subordinate left, Wenren Heng turned to him and said, “I already told them to go. They’ll relay any useful information they hear back to us.” He paused and, wanting to stop his Junior Brother from volunteering himself, continued with, “Right now you’ve lost your memory, so you won’t know if what you hear is true or false. Waiting is better.”

Ye You felt like his previously dissipated suspicions were returning in full force. Although he called the other shameless in his heart, he decided to be obedient for the time being. He thought for a bit before saying, “Don’t just let them listen for useful information. Also remember to listen for anything interesting, strange, or novel, and also investigate on the streets for a bit too.”

Wenren Heng was surprised. “You really want to take care of the Wang family’s issues?”

Ye You said, “We’re all living at their house.”

Wenren Heng asked, “Is that the truth?”

Ye You said, “I’ve been idle all this time and finally encountered something interesting.” He paused and looked at his Senior Brother before adding, “And I’m somewhat interested in the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison.”

This time, Wenren Heng was truly surprised and almost couldn’t control his expression.

He had just randomly asked and hadn’t expected that his Junior Brother would answer him sincerely. Who knew he’d be able to hear some honest words from that question.