Chapter 112

Huayang City, the Yang family residence.

After what happened at Suiyun Sect, Manor Lord Wei and the others had gone to the Yang family residence in Huayang City.

Manor Lord Wei was more cautious than Pavilion Master Ding. Even though he had fed Sir Yang the drug, he had also kept the person under close watch for a number of years, and even after letting the person go, he still remembered to plant a portion of people to stand guard. Now, practically all of the elders at the Yang family residence were his subordinates and so let them in upon seeing their arrival.

Although those other than the steward weren’t aware of the truth, they knew Manor Lord Wei’s relationship with their young master and so naturally received the group as important guests, while also internally expressing shock at Manor Lord Wei’s missing arm. However, they didn’t dare ask too much, simply obediently lowering their heads to work.

Not many days later, they discovered that more and more people were gradually appearing in the residence.

There was a black-clothed bodyguard, a weak and sickly young sir, a malevolent woman, and a fiendish, demonic man, all solemnly treating this place as if it was their own home, leaving the servants completely baffled. There were some who privately asked the steward and learned that these were people of Jianghu and that it was better not to provoke them. The servant thus curbed their curiosity and didn’t ask any further.

This morning, a young servant girl had just entered the room to refill the tea when she heard a brittle crack echo through the air as Manor Lord Wei suddenly smashed his teacup into pieces, his usual amiable face completely covered with a layer of frost. The steward was also in the room and, upon seeing this, took her outside, indicating that she should work elsewhere. The young servant girl had long already paled in fright and quickly retreated without delay.

The steward then turned around and returned to the room. After a moment of observing Manor Lord Wei, he cautiously said, “Master?”

Manor Lord Wei didn’t speak as he sat there grimly.

The steward could only look beseechingly at another person.

Cong Yun motioned for him to put the teapot down and then sent him away before looking at Manor Lord Wei. “What did the letter say that’s making you so angry?”

Manor Lord Wei handed the letter over to the other. “Ding Yicheng died.”

Cong Yun’s heart skipped a beat, and he hastily accepted the letter, skimming through it rapidly. A peculiar light began to shine uncontrollably from his eyes, but he quickly concealed it and asked, “The Yang family’s child?”

Manor Lord Wei nodded, his expression still as grim as before.

If he had known at the time that the child they saved wasn’t part of the Yang family, or if he had perceived that Ah-Xiao had another identity previously, then how could they have been forced down to this level?

Right now, it already wasn’t important whose family’s child Ah-Xiao was; the important thing was that Ding Yicheng had died, and that he had admitted his guilt before his death. This didn’t just ruin their previously agreed upon plans of “enduring humiliation for the sake of justice for a few years” but had thoroughly destroyed all his hopes of making a comeback!