Chapter 31

They’d stayed in that desolate place where even birds won’t poop for several days, and now that they were finally back in human civilization, after eating their fill, everyone couldn’t help but remember their lust. Thus, even though the sky had not yet darkened, the inside of the male brothel was abuzz with activity.

Quite a few people from Jianghu were gathered together, drinking with a male prostitute in hand on one side, while spiritedly gossiping on the other. All the discussions were about the things heard outside the restaurant that day, about the black piece and the white piece and the chessboard and so on. They all thought this was an extremely serious matter.

“Saying that the white piece was a person of prestige and virtue and is also the person who used the Lantern-Extinguishing Poison, is it true or not?”

“If you ask me, we should get some people over there to ask. How can we not know anything like this?”

“That’s right, right now we’re just wandering around blind. Even now, I still don’t understand the whole deal about the secret book incident.”

“And also Bodhi Prison. Saying it’s the black piece’s move, why exactly is that…”

That person spoke only halfway before suddenly stopping.

Those in the surroundings also turned quiet, and they collectively turned to see a “lantern” stepping inside, all sounds stowed away.

Everyone looked at each other, and their expressions were all somewhat strange.

Just a moment ago, Sir Xiao could barely even stand up, and now he had come to a brothel? Wasn’t he afraid that he’d die right in the middle of doing it? And why wasn’t Sect Master Wenren keeping him under control?

The proprietor and the prostitutes also saw him enter. Seeing this person look so miserable yet still choose to patronize their business, they all felt moved. The proprietor smiled in greeting and said, “Please come inside, young sir.”

Ye You said, “I want a private room and a jug of your best wine. I want to drink by myself for a while.”

The proprietor asked, “Young sir doesn’t want a singer?”

Ye You laughed and said, “Wait until I’ve drank a few cups before calling for one.”

“Yes.” The proprietor’s face was full of smiles, and he called a waiter over and told the other to take the young sir upstairs.

This male brothel was the city’s best, and within the private rooms hung landscape paintings with artfully arranged potted plants, all very tastefully chosen.

Ye You found a good place to sit and, upon hearing the creak of the door closing, poured a cup of wine for himself, though he simply held the cup in his hand, not drinking, until he heard faint movement outside the window. Only then did he shallowly take a sip and say, “It’s not as good as the ‘Thirteen Beauties’.”

The person outside the window said, “You can get your Senior Brother to buy you a barrel. This whole way, I saw that he treated you quite well.”

Ye You laughed. “I’m injured, so he definitely wouldn’t buy it for me.”

The person outside the window didn’t respond, and Ye You also didn’t speak for a time.