Chapter 5

The bandages on Ye You's head were wrapped by Wenren Heng extremely attentively, leaving only his eyes and nose visible and everything else tightly covered up. Every time he moved, it looked like he had a snow-white lantern on his head. So the moment he entered, he attracted the attention of everyone in the establishment.

This kind of attention actually felt faintly familiar to Ye You and so he paid it no mind. Perfectly composed, he calmly looked at his Senior Brother.

The innkeeper was the closest to them and so he heard the "lantern" say that at night he was going to bed the young sir next to him, the one who was as beautiful as jade and half-a-head taller. Thinking that, regardless, since this tableau was coming from the willpower of a disabled man, it was still somewhat touching, the innkeeper silently stepped back, not daring to disturb them.

"Innkeeper," Wenren Heng's voice didn't change a bit and repeated what he said when he entered, "Give us one room."

"...Yes." The innkeeper's mind was awash with speculation, though on his face he simply agreed and took out a key, motioning for a waiter to show them their room. Only when they had walked far enough away did the innkeeper drop his gaze with a sigh.

The staircase was a dark black, and with each step, muffled sounds echoed from it. Wenren Heng walked in the front and, upon seeing the edges of the steps painted with a thin layer of copper, lifted up the corners of his mouth.

Was that to disgust me?

No, he should also be trying to sound me out. He wanted to see what kind of reaction I would have. What is he suspecting?

Wenren Heng's thoughts rapidly turned in his mind. Walking slowly into the guest room, he surveyed the arrangements and found them mostly satisfactory. He instructed the waiter to bring up food and then took out a towel and the Hundred-Grass Dew.

Ye You understood at once and immediately untied his belt, waiting for the other to unravel his bandages.

Sitting by the side, Wenren Heng patiently applied the medicine. Sensing that Ye You was constantly looking at him, he finally looked up and said, "Tonight, you sleep on the inside, and I'll sleep on the outside."

Ye You laughed. "Senior Brother shouldn't pretend that he didn't hear all the things I said before."

A series of complicated expressions flashed across Wenren Heng's face, and Ye You took the opportunity to push him down. Calmly, Wenren Heng asked, "So what you said about liking men is true?"

Ye You said, "Naturally."

Wenren Heng didn't fall for the trap. "Naturally it's true or naturally it isn't true?"

Ye You raised a brow. "Which one does Senior Brother want it to be?"

Wenren Heng sternly said, "Whichever one doesn't matter. You're still my Junior Brother. Don't have such wild flights of fancy, just sleep easily tonight." Seeing that his Junior Brother still wanted to talk, he sighed. Patting Junior Brother's shoulder in a "there, there" gesture as if to placate a rowdy child, he said, "Don't worry, your Senior Brother is highly skilled in martial arts; you won't be able to defeat me. If something really does happen, I can easily and accurately hit your acupuncture point and put you to sleep."