Chapter 48

Around July.

"Happy opening day, my baker boy." Louis pulled Harry in by the waist.

Harry grinned at him, cupping Louis's jaw and ducking his head in. Louis met his lips halfway, burying one hand in Harry's curls.

A dog barked and they pulled back, Harry giggling lightly as he crouched down to stroke Clifford. "Shush Cliff."

"Are you ready to open up your doors to the world?" Louis sat down at one of the tables.

"Absolutely. Clifford, will you behave?"

The curly dog just tilted his head with innocent eyes.

"You have to behave or you'll have to go home."

Clifford let out a whine and Louis laughed loudly. "You two are so similar."

Harry smiled, opening up his arms for one last hug from Louis before he opened the doors.

Louis obliged, pulling Harry down onto his lap. "I'm so proud of you." Louis told him, rocking him side to side slightly.

"God I love you."

"I love you darling."

Harry cuddled into Louis for a couple of minutes before someone knocked on the window. Harry lifted his head from Louis's shoulder, snorting at the sight of Barbara, Niall, Zayn and Liam.

They were all holding up mini flags with Harry's name on it, and small windmills with the bakery colours on it.

"Open up!" Barbara mouthed, "it says you open at 8 and it's 2 minutes past!"

"My, my Harry. How dare you?" Louis raised his eyebrows and opened his mouth dramatically.

"Shut up." He giggled, standing up and heading over to the door.

He unlocked it and Barbara immediately rushed to hug him. "I'm so proud of you Harry."

"Thank you." He flushed red, "thank you so much."

"We're all bloody proud of you." Liam added, Harry turning even redder.

"You know you've got a little queue out there?" Zayn motioned.

"What?"

"About 15 people or so."

"Oh my god, really?"

"Yep. So you better get serving."

Harry popped his head around the door, letting them know they could come in before making his way behind the counter.

Louis watched from his seat as Harry interacted with his customers, making jokes and laughing with them. People stood, pointing at each of the treats on display, trying to pick between them.

Harry had done wonderfully. Each thing he had made looked dainty and pretty, even the bread having had flowers baked into it.

After a while- with the customers seeming to keep coming- Louis made his way behind the counter. "I'm just gonna take Clifford for a walk, he's getting a but fidgety. I'll be back in a bit, alright sweetheart?"

"Okay, and look how many people I have here."

"Did I or did I not tell you that everyone loved you?"

"You did." Harry blushed.

"Exactly." Louis grinned, "see you later love."

"Bye darling." Harry waved.

Louis waved back, calling for Clifford. The two began walking around the island, Louis picking any pretty flowers he saw (as long as there were others of course) to give to Harry.