Chapter 9

Louis jumped up from the sofa, grabbing an empty glass bottle as someone fumbled with the lock of the front door before swinging it open.

He slowly creeped forwards, holding the bottle up before looking around the doorframe.

"Oh hello there Harry." Louis grinned, hiding the bottle behind his back like he wasn't just about to hit Harry over the head with it.

"Hello." Harry giggled in response, stumbling as he walked further into the house.

Louis frowned, slipping past Harry to shut and lock the front door.

"Are you drunk?"

"No." Harry grinned, tripping over his own feet.

Louis immediately rushed to his aid, placing one hand on his back and one on Harry's arm as he lead Harry to the sofa.

"You're definitely drunk." He said, and Harry giggled again.

"Your pub is better." He slurred, a lazy grin on his face.

"Well thank you. Right, how much have you had to drink?"

"Loads." Harry drawled.

"Okay, how much roughly?"

"Ask the fella." Harry shrugged, "you know, Mr pub man."

"I don't think it's necessary for me to go down to the pub to ask. I think you're going to need to drink some water though."

"No. No no no, I'd much rather not, thank you."

Louis stood up, "wait there."

"Come back." Harry reached out with a pout.

"I'll be back in a second." Louis wasn't unfamiliar with sorting out drunk people. After all, he owned a pub.

He filled up a glass of water, heading back to the living room and handing it to Harry, who's face immediately lit up when he saw Louis.

"So, I'm going to need you to drink that water, then I'll take you upstairs so you can sleep it off. Okay?"

"No. Let's do something. Let's go for a walk."

"Let's not. Let's get you to sleep this off."

"Stop being boring Louis!" Harry groaned.

"Just drink that please." He motioned to the glass, sitting opposite him.

"What will I get if I do?"

"You'll get a lovely big breakfast tomorrow."

"Greasy?"

"Lots of grease." Louis nodded in confirmation.

"And blueberries?" Harry added, tilting his head.

"And blueberries." Louis added, though slightly confused.

"Okay." Harry brought the glass to his lips, gulping at the water thirstily.

"Can you manage more?"

"More blueberries?"

"Yes, I'll get you more blueberries if you drink more."

Harry nodded and Louis fetched another glass full of water.

When he returned, Harry had kicked his shoes off and was curled up on the sofa with his eyes shut and a cushion held tight to his chest.

"Hey," Louis spoke softly, "are you awake?"

Harry's eyes fluttered open, a smile appearing back on his face. "Hello."

"Can you drink this for me? Then we'll get you to bed."