Chapter 27

Harry sat quite contently in the room filled with the light of only the small lamp and a spiced vanilla candle.

Louis was babbling away about his family whilst Harry listened intently. He was grateful for the distraction and he loved to learn the small details of people's lives.

Cindy was curled up in Harry's lap, Caspian on the arm of the chair and Harry felt warm and safe.

"You look sleepy." Louis observed, "is all my chatter tiring you out?"

"No, no. I like it."

"I think we should go to sleep now. We've got a long ol' day ahead of us tomorrow."

"Yeah, maybe."

"Which side of the bed do you take?"

"Left usually, but I don't mind."

"Well that works out perfectly because I take the right." Louis smiled, flopping onto the bed.

Harry gently climbed onto the other side, lying on his back and staring up at the ceiling.

Louis suddenly piped up, "you don't mind if I sleep in me boxers, do you? I'll have a t-shirt on but I find sleeping with trousers on absolutely insufferable."

"I don't mind, no." Harry shook his head.

"Thank god." Louis sighed in relief, kicking off his trousers and shuffling under the covers.

"Um, you already know this but I seem to like to cuddle in my sleep so I'm sorry if I do it tonight."

"You also already know this but I like cuddles so it's okay. They help me sleep."

"Me too." Harry admitted.

"Wanna cuddle?" Louis offered, rolling onto his side to face Harry.

"Okay." Harry shrugged lightly. Cuddles from Louis had quickly grown to become one of his favourite things. They provided warmth and reassurance. Basically, Louis was the lord of hugs.

Louis shuffled closer and lifted one arm to wrap around Harry.

Harry's head found its way to Louis's chest and he shut his eyes.

"Your hair is so soft." Louis said quietly, pressing a soft kiss to his curls.

Harry didn't say anything, just hummed and nuzzled against him. Louis suspected that Harry was already close to sleep by the way his breathing was evening out and his body relaxed. Louis didn't blame him, he'd had an exhausting few days.

Bless him.

Soon enough both of them were asleep, entangled in eachother's limbs.

//

"Morning Curly." Louis smiled, looking up from the kitchen counter as Harry ambled into the room.

"Hello." Harry smiled back.

"Are you ready for our adventure?"

"I think so." Harry held up a bag which Louis assumed was full of whatever one needed for a day out.

"Do you want a nutella sandwich?" Louis offered.

"Oh, that's what it is." Harry said in realisation.

"What did you think it was?"

"I thought that maybe the cats had lost their litter tray."

Louis snorted at that before rolling his eyes.

"But yes please. I'll have a shit sandwich."

"I feel like a mum." Louis laughed, "ready for your first day at school sweetums?"

It was Harry's turn to roll his eyes as he sat on the other side of the counter.

The two were eventually ready and they strolled down to the harbour, waiting for the ferry.

Louis busied himself with chucking pebbles near seagulls, which Harry immediately put a stop to, saying 'that's mean! You wouldn't like it if they did it to you.'

"But I'm not throwing them at the birds." Louis protested.

"But you're putting them on edge. It's not very nice."

"Okay Harold. I'm sorry."

"You should be saying sorry to them." He crossed his arms, motioning to the seagulls with his head.

Louis sighed and turned to look at the birds- who had all turned to stare at him.

"I'm very sorry."

"They said thank you and they won't eat you now." He heard a whisper from beside him.

"They were planning to eat me?" Louis gasped in an exaggerated motion.

"Yeah." Harry nodded in confirmation, and his face was dead serious. Louis wondered for a second if he could actually talk to animals, to be fair Harry was basically a Disney Princess, until a smile broke out across his face and he looked down to his lap with a small, adorable giggle.

Their little moment of giggles was soon interrupted as the ferry pulled up, the man- who Harry hadn't seen before but Louis seemed to know- honked and waved at them and they got to their feet.

"Who's that?" Harry whispered.

"That's ol' Higgins. He's been the ferry fella since I moved here."

"Ferry fella." Harry repeated, another small giggle escaping.

"What's so funny?" Louis nudged him with a grin, happy to see Harry happier.

"Your accent."

"Har-har. Very funny." Louis jumped onto the ferry, holding out a hand for Harry to help him on.

Harry's larger paw encased Louis's smaller one and the two sat down, Louis not letting go quite yet.

"Your hand is so soft."

"I use a rose scented hand cream." Harry explained, "do you want to try some?"

"You've got it on you?" Louis tilted his head as the ferry started off.

"Yes. Of course." Harry rolled his eyes as if it were obvious.

"Oi, pipe down Curly."

Harry smiled innocently as he rummaged through his bag, holding up the hand cream with an 'aha!'

Louis held out his hands, Harry squirting a little on.

"Smells lovely." Louis brought his hands up to his face.

"How long is the journey? I can't remember."

"About half an hour. Maybe three quarters of an hour."

"Do you mind if I sleep a bit?"

"More? You slept for like 11 hours last night."

"Wanting to die is draining." Harry shrugged. "It's okay if you don't want me to."

"No, no. Sleep if you're tired. I don't mind." Louis smiled warmly, which Harry reciprocated.

"Wanna lie down?"

"I don't have a pillow."

Louis just shrugged, patting his lap.

Harry shuffled around on the seat until he was lying down and placed his head in Louis's lap.

Louis immediately started to play with Harry's curls and Harry let out a small hum as he closed his eyes.

"Are you part cat?"

"Hm?"

"You're like a kitten."

"How so?"

"All soft and cuddly and you purr and nuzzle against people."

Harry's cheeks flushed pink, "I can't say I am part kitten."

"Well, I'll let you sleep then Curly kitten. Sweet dreams."

I wanna make a fic rec thread on twitter but I don't use it to post stuff lol

do any of you want fic recs? I'll do ao3 & wattpad (I'll do it on the conversations bit on my account) SAY YES)