Chapter 24

The two were dancing around the kitchen, and by this point most of the cake mixture had ended up in the floor.

It was safe to say that two clumsy people did not cope well when dancing and making a cake.

Harry was singing along to the music, and Louis joined in every now and then. The cats were now sat on the chairs, watching them- and most definitely judging them.

Louis loved seeing Harry like this. Seeing him carefree and happy. And though he knew that deep down Harry wasn't completely happy, it was nice to see him letting go a little.

Louis held out his hands, looking at Harry expectantly and Harry took them, allowing Louis to guide the both of them around the kitchen in some sort of hoppy dance.

Harry let a smile fall onto his face, watching as Louis grinned at him. "You have batter in your hair curly."

"I need to wash it anyway." He shrugged, leaning into Louis ever so slightly- so little that it was hardly noticeable.

"Do you wanna do something tomorrow?" Louis asked him. "We could go to the mainland if you wanted?"

"Don't you have to work? I feel like I keep taking you away from your job."

"H, you're way more important. Way, way more. I have other people who can take over for the day."

"I just don't want to bother you." Harry admitted, "I'm perfectly fine staying in my room."

"Let's go to the mainland tomorrow. We can go shopping and visit the art museum."

"Okay." Harry nodded quietly. It wasn't like he had anything better to do. And spending a day alone with Louis would be fun. "Yeah, okay."

"Good. So, we'll leave at 7 tomorrow morning."

Harry nodded again. "Bright and early."

"Bright and early." Louis repeated with a chuckle.

//

"I can't call her." Harry huffed, looking like he was on the verge of tears. "I just can't do it." He whimpered, and Louis sat next to him looking at him pitifully.

"Hey, you don't have to right now. It's going to be hard, but if it's too hard right now don't stress yourself out about it. Do you think you could call Niall or Liam instead?"

"I don't know. I don't-I just don't know. It's all-" He stopped talking, shaking his hands out slightly before wiping them on his trousers.

"Hey," Louis's voice was soft and soothing, "hey. Don't work yourself up about it. Everything's gonna be fine."

"This has been a rollercoaster of a few days." Harry forced a laugh. "Do you think I should like, um, message them or something first?"

"If it makes you more comfortable, absolutely."

"Yeah. Okay, okay. I'll text them both. We had a group chat."

"Do you want me to stay here?"

"I don't know." Harry murmured. "I think I might do this on my own if that's okay. I know texting people isn't that big a deal but..." He trailed off.

"I'll leave you to it." Louis smiled reassuringly, "I'll be here if you need anything."

Harry nodded, looking down at his phone and tapping his thumbs against the black screen.

Eventually he turned it on, for what might be the first time since he arrived. Surprise took over him as his phone was flooded with notifications, although they were most likely just emails from random websites.