Chapter 18

Louis knocked on the door sharply before placing his hand back in his coat pocket.

The door opened, Mr French rolling his eyes and going to shut the door again.

"What's his first name?" Louis whispered to Barbara as he placed his foot in the door.

"Arthur."

"Arthur?" Louis repeated quietly, trying not to let the theme tune to that children's show play in his head.

"Yep."

"Hello Arthur." Louis grinned sarcastically.

"What do you want?" He replied gruffly.

"You to fuck off away from this island."

"Not going to happen."

"You're a fucking son of a bitch, you know? Do you ever think about how much you can affect people?"

"You're only sticking up for that freak because you're one as well."

"Don't you dare call him a freak." Barbara spat. "Harry's been nice to everyone he's talked to since he arrived, he's a sweetheart. And just because somebody is different to you, it doesn't make them the freak. Maybe you're the freak."

"No. He's the freak. Him and Tomlinson here are."

"Oh, piss off. Just because I like cock, doesn't make me a freak. Not does it make anyone else one."

Barbara's eyes went wide as she turned to look at Louis, "Louis! I did not need to hear that." She hissed.

"Sorry Barbara. Time to cover ears maybe?" He winced and she just shook her head.

"Anyway, you're a twat. You're an absolute fucking twat and I expect you're just jealous because nobody will ever want to go near you. Luckily, I'm not that bothered by your stupid words but when it's someone else, someone I care about, honestly, it makes me want to kick you in the balls."

He continued to just stare, obviously unimpressed, so Louis continued.

"If you ever hurt anyone I care about again, I won't hesitate to do so. So think about that. Goodbye." Louis removed his foot from the door, allowing it to shut. "He's such a tosser." He grumbled to Barbara.

"I know." She agreed. "Please try and distract him."

"I will. I'm going to paint with him."

"You are?" She looked incredibly shocked.

"Hey." Louis pouted, "don't look at me like that."

"Well, Lou, you've never been the most talented artist."

"Barbara!" Louis gasped. "I was like 10 years old when you babysat me, you can't hold that against me."

"And your stickmen at age 20 were much better than at age 10?"

Louis huffed, rolling his eyes. "I thought I was a good artist."

"I hate to break it to you but I don't think you'd win in a competition against a 3 year old."

Louis's face screwed up, "if I enter in the primary school art contest and win, what will you give me?"

"I'll make you a cake. But I don't think you'll be allowed to enter."

"We'll see. Red velvet please."

"Alright Louis." She chuckled, "I'll see you soon. Look after Harry for me."

"Of course. Bye Barbara." He hugged her, giving her hand a little squeeze before making his way back home.

//