Chapter 45

"Harold, not to freak you out or anything but mother and the girls have decided to spontaneously come down today."

"What?" Harry's head snapped to Louis. "Louis, I'm freaking out!"

"No, no. Don't do that. Don't freak out."

"I'm freaking out! Shit, shit on it!"

"Harry, Harry, it's okay. Don't freak out."

"Stop saying that! I'm freaking out! Shit, fuck, bollocks-"

Louis cut him off with a burst of laughter. "God, you're adorable."

"Louis, I'm freaking out here, what's adorable about that?"

"Everything. Especially your little 'shit, fuck, bollocks'. Bless your cotton socks, come here."

Harry just looked exasperated, with his eyes wide and eyebrows raised in panic. Louis took it upon himself to step forwards and cuddle Harry himself.

"Louis, I'm freaking out." Harry repeated, but his words were muffled by Louis's shoulder.

"They're gonna love you. Honestly. I promise you."

"Will they be okay with like, you know, my clothes and stuff?"

"What? The more feminine stuff?"

"Yeah."

"Course they will. Lottie helped pick me out makeup and nail polish for you, and my mum is constantly trying to put makeup on me."

"Okay, I'm less freaky outy."

"Good. I can assure you my mum and sisters will adore you."

"Adore you." Harry repeated with a little laugh.

"Hm?" Louis hummed in confusion.

"It's the song I wrote. It's about you by the way."

"I should hope so." Louis chuckled, "that's so cute. Are you gonna tell me what the others are about now?"

"All the sad ones are about me and my lovely feelings. All the soppy, romantic ones are about you. 'She' is about me, but like, my feminine side kinda. You get me?"

"I get you. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me."

Harry took a deep breath, "do you wanna hear them at some point?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've got them all recorded. I can play and sing them for you as well but that's scarier."

"I would love to hear them babe."

"Babe." Harry repeated softly, nuzzling into Louis's shoulder further. "I love when you call me names like that."

Louis kissed Harry's temple, rubbing his back gently. "Mum and the girls will be here in about two hours. Anything you need to do?"

"Make them a cake!" Harry's eyes opened in realisation. "Any allergies? What can't they eat? What don't they like?"

"H, Harry, Harold, darling. You don't need to make them a cake."

"I want to. Or brownies?"

"Let's make brownies. I'll make them with you."

"Okay."

//

"You twat!" Harry gasped as Louis wiped brownie mix on Harry's cheek.

The brownies were now in the oven, but Louis had taken hold of the the bowl.

"Now now, that's not very nice, is it?" Louis grinned cheekily.