Chapter 26

Qin Yuemian often messed around together with those pack of scoundrels, so he was very familiar with matters involving beautiful people.

He asked, “Does Junior Brother Ah-Xiao have any impressions of Suoxin House[1]?”

Ye You made a guess, “Lady Tao is related to Suoxin House?”

“Yes, Suoxin House’s House Master is Lady Tao’s blood-related older sister,” Qin Yuemian said, “Suoxin House accepts only women, and the house itself has one rule, that one can’t fall in love. A few years ago, there was a disciple who secretly promised herself to another, so by all rights, she should’ve gotten punished. On this, Lady Tao disagreed with her sister, and while no one knows the exact course of events, in the end, Lady Tao left Suoxin House. That woman was released by the House Master, and now her children are even old enough to run.”

Ye You asked, “Suoxin House didn’t change its rule?”

“They didn’t change it,” Qin Yuemian said, “But some say that Lady Tao made a bet with her sister, to prove that intimate relationships between men and women won’t always lead to suffering. If she wins, then her sister will change the rule. But even now, this remains conjecture, as Lady Tao has never acknowledged it. In short, since that time, she has treated the world as her home and never returned to Suoxin House…”

Before his voice had even stopped, within the forest, the sound of the qin suddenly turned sharp, as if it could cut skin, even inducing some stabbing pain in the chest.

Wenren Heng got somewhat closer to his Junior Brother and told the other not to listen. Ye You didn’t need the reminder, as his body automatically reacted, using his internal energy as a shield. Meanwhile, the Alliance Leader raised his voice to report his name and the purpose for coming, and only then did the qin’s sound slow.

Everyone let out a breath and patted their chests.

Ye You asked, “Does she practice the Sound-Killing Technique[2]?”

Qin Yuemian nodded. “She learned it from her sister.”

Ye You was interested in feeling this person out so as to see if he can remember anything, so he ended up asking for her real name[3].

Qin Yuemian couldn’t help but wink at him. “This is also something no one knows. We all refer to her as Lady Tao. There have been many people who have asked her this before, and she always replied that only her future husband had the qualifications to know. Junior Brother Ah-Xiao, why not try asking?”

Wenren Heng gave him a look.

Qin Yuemian startled and hastily added, “But it’s probably too late if you go now. Everyone has guessed that Sect Master Ye already knows it.”

“…” Wenren Heng had some regrets about giving him that look.

In the next moment, a certain person suddenly gained an interest.

Ye You asked, “Why is that? I remember that she was willing to dance the Fengqi Dance for Sect Master Ye?”

“Yes, it’s said to be extremely beautiful. Only a mere glimpse of its graceful qualities will become an unforgettable experience for a lifetime.” Qin Yuemian clicked his tongue and said, “I really don’t know how Sect Master Ye did it. Anyway, I always thought that Lady Tao was moved by him, that she fell for him.”