Day 39- Dad (1-part day) Wow

Warning! Contains: Swearing, Kissing, Self-Harm Mention, Self-Hate, Mention of Abandonment, Hate, Love, Oogie-Trigger, etc. 

☆ Wednesday, August 1st, 7:30 am 

3RD PERSON:

Katara let out a hiss as Aang's hands pressed against her wrist. "I'm so sorry," she choked out. His right hand moved up to her cheek, rubbing away a tear as she gasped and let a new stream of tears fled down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry."

He smiled and moved his right hand back down to his left, but Katara had snaked her hand away from him, her whole body trembling. "Do you hate me?" He felt his eyes water as he shook his head and brought her into a hug.

"Of course not, my love. I would never hate you." She sniffed into his shoulder, wincing as her wrist brushed against some of the cloth on his clothing. He sucked in his breath and pressed his finger to her wrist.

"You don't have to answer, but why? Do you hate me?" Her eyes watered as she sniffed and let a new stream of tears flow down her face. "Of course I don't, Aang. I can't hate you. I just..." She let out a shaky breath. "I hated myself for making you so sad. I yelled at you and made you cry. What girlfriend makes her boyfriend cry?"

Aang widened his eyes. "This is all... my fault?" Katara shook her head rapidly, wincing as she broke off and held his face in her hands. "No, Aang, never think that. It's not your fault at all. It's mine, I wasn't thinking right... but I don't really blame myself," she muttered the last part under her breath, yet Aang still heard her.

"Katara of the Southern Water Tribe. It's not your fault at all. Don't you dare say that you don't blame yourself, because you cut yourself. And it's not that I blame you, I really don't, I know it's my fault for leaving you alone, but you have to let me heal the damn cut."

Katara blinked back a tear and shut her eyes, taking in a slow, deep breath. "Just heal the damn wrist." Aang sighed and pressed his hand down to the cut again, letting the water glow white. "It's a damn cut, not a damn wrist. That's insulting yourself and I'm not having that."

The waterbender slowly bit her lip and sucked in a breath. "Aang, I really hate myself right now. I made you cry." He scoffed. "Oh, yeah. And hurting yourself isn't going to make me cry even more." She pressed her lips together in a tight line as Aang leant in and pressed his to her cheek. 

"I'm so sorry, my love. I didn't mean to sound so harsh. But I am upset that you hurt yourself." She smiled and gave his lips a small peck. "The fact that this all happened because we were fighting over sex is hilarious to me for whatever reason." Aang smiled and leaned into the kiss, slowly pulling off after a minute. 

He gently placed a white bandage around her wrist, his hands shaking with every step as he taped it on with a small cream coloured piece of tape. Then he leaned down and pressed his lips to her wrist. "I love you so much, Katara. Never forget that." 

Not a second later, Sokka opened the door gently. "Hey, sis, how're you feeling?" She smiled and turned around, letting Aang wrap his arms around her waist. "A lot better, Sokka. I'm sorry you walked in on us yesterday." He smiled and crutched over, sitting down on the floor next to the couple. "It's fine. I'm sorry I walked in on you. I know Aang would never do anything to you." Then he turned to look Aang in the eyes. "Jet and Toph are out looking for the man who raided the Jasmine Dragon." 

Katara and Aang had both slept in the bathroom that night after Katora told everyone else what happened. They all understood and let them have their privacy. (Of course they didn't tell Jet, though. Don't worry- they're not crazy.)