Day 10- People Around the World (1-part day) Respect

⚠️ Warning! Contains: Swearing, Pecking, Kissing, Oogie-Trigger, LGBTQIAPK+, Crying, Bullying, Jealousy, Love, Mini-Hate, 

☆Tuesday, July 3rd, 8:50 am☆

3RD PERSON:

As everyone was walking through the center of Hira'a, the firs colony on the list, they passed a small school. It looked incredibly familiar, but no one could put their finger on it. 

"Twinkletoes, isn't that the school you went to in the Bazaar?" Toph asked. Zuko raised an eyebrow, then relaxed it. "Oh, yeah, I had it transferred here. But On Ji and Hide shouldn't be here now." Mai sighed, her normal face plastered on. 

"Can we take a break? It's been hours, Aang," Sokka complained. Suki nodded and stopped walking, noticing everyone else had, as well. "I guess. There's a few benches, let's go sit," the airbender said, helping Katara limp over to the 5 benches near the school's property. 

"It's been forever. We're not making it to the mayor's house," Azula complained. Tylee bit the inside of her cheek and nodded. "I don't think so, either." Katora collapsed onto Timber, her sister's leg pain in her own leg. 

"Sorry, sis. This is the bad thing about being Spirit Twins," Katara muttered, falling onto Aang's lap. He smiled and held her head in his lap, slowly playing with her hair and subconsciously calming her down. 

"Hey, is that girl crying?" Toph asked, pointing at a person about her age crying and running away from school. They were running in their direction, and Katara got up and motioned for them to come to them. 

"Hey, hey, darling, why are you crying?" She pulled them down and hugged them, slowly swaying them back and forth. "Why are you crying, darling?" They just sniffed and slowly hugged her back, oddly feeling comfortable. 

"Why were you crying, babe?" Suki asked, going over and giving them a hug. "Th-those kids were making fun of how I look," they sniffed, finally allowing Katara and Suki to let go of them. 

"But you're beautiful! Isn't she beautiful, bubs?" Tylee asked, turning to Azula. "They," they whispered. "What?" Aang asked, then he winced at how harsh that turned out. 

"I'-I'm sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you guys," they said, getting up and turning around. "Hey, we're Team Avatar. We help everyone," Katora said, holding their hand so they couldn't budge. 

"They," they whispered again. "I'm sorry, I just didn't hear you. That didn't mean to come out so rude," Aang said softly. They smiled through their tears and let Katara hug them again. 

"They. I'm non-binary," they said with the smallest smile ever, somehow knowing that these people wouldn't make fun of them. "That's why they were making fun of how I look. Said I looked like a girl." Sokka scoffed. 

"Sorry, but that's shitty." Toph scoffed as well. "Damn straight. Who were they?" They shook their head. "No one. It's ok. This happens ever day. No one's usually here, so I just cry for a few minutes then go back into school." Zuko rolled his eyes. 

"Miss! Miss, could you come here?!" Katara screamed, her hands flying. "She's non-binary," the person noted. "What's your name?" Aang asked. "Shushmita. But everyone calls me Sushi." He nodded with a smile. 

"Mix! Mix, could you come here?!" Katara screamed again, her hands still flying. The teacher saw her and walked over to her. "Master Katara? What are- Sushi, you need to stop skipping class. Go to the bathroom and do your makeup with the other girls for all I care, but you have to stay on property." Sushi bit the inside of their cheek. 

"I'm not a girl, Mix. I'm non-bi." The teacher smiled softly. "I had no idea, Sush. Anyways, is something wrong, Master?" She nodded. "Yeah. Those kids playing spin the bottle were making fun of Sushi because she looks like a girl." They put on a genuinely shocked face.