Day 37- Jasmine Dragon (1-part day) He's Back

Warning! Contains: Swearing, Mini-Violence, Kissing, Pecks, Oogie-Trigger, Jet (yes he's now a warning), Crutches, Pain, etc. 

☆ Monday, July 30th, 8:00 am 

3RD PERSON:

"What happened in here, uncle?" Zuko asked, stepping over broken chairs and tables. Iroh shrugged and placed a rag on one of the counters. "I have no idea. I was just sleeping two nights ago, then I woke up and... this happened."

Katara's face turned upside-down. "I'm so sorry, uncle. I really wish we got here sooner." Toph grimaced as she stepped into some sort of puddle. "Eww, what is this?" Aang moved Katara away so she didn't step on a nail on the floor. 

"I think that's some sort of tea leaf or something," Sokka muttered. Everyone turned to look at him. "It's liquid. How is it a leaf?" Azula asked. He shrugged and continued walking around the turned over furniture. 

"It's probably some tea or something," Iroh said. "I still have a few hundred dollars left in my room upstairs, but they took all of the money in the register." Aang bit his lip and held Katara's hand as everyone made their way up the stairs. 

"What can we even do?" Suki asked. "Whatever we want to," Katara whispered. "Whatever we can do," Aang echoed. Katara nodded as she latched onto his arm, her crutches falling into a heap of a mess as he caught her in his arms. 

"Careful," Azula whispered, Tylee handing her her crutches. She smiled as she handed them to Aang, who held her upright in one arm and managed to place her on them at the same time. "We've got to be careful," Sokka whispered. Toph nodded as her crutch fell, Satoru catching her in one arm. She blushed as he left her crutch falling down the stairs, helping her the rest of the way on his own while he was still on two crutches himself. 

"Drop it. I've got you." Suki and the twins shared a small look, thankful Toph couldn't see it. "thanks," she mumbled, trying hard to fight the blush on her face. He smiled and managed to help her limp up the stairs as he hobbled up himself. 

"There should be one empty guest room. I am so sorry that I can not give you all what you deserve right now." Aang shook his head. "Anything is wonderful, uncle. I just really hope we're able to find the guilty." He nodded and patted his shoulder. "Get well soon, and if a few of you want, you can sleep in my room." Everyone shook their heads. 

"No, uncle, it's fine," Zuko managed. "We can all share." Katara smiled at Iroh and then turned to find Mai glaring at her. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Thank you, uncle," Tylee whispered. He smiled. "Thank you all for flying here last-minute. I was really hesitating on sending that letter because I didn't want you all to come, but you came." They all smiled. 

And within 10 minutes, they were all sitting on the floor planning everything out. 

"Two of us have to stay here and watch guard with Iroh," Suki said. Sokka shook his head. "He's changed, I'm pretty sure he can take someone on better than any of us can in this state." Suki nodded, "fair point. But shouldn't someone stay with him?" Everyone turned to each other. 

"I think he's good on his own. But it's also very dangerous for us to go outside in this state," Tylee countered. Katara looked up at her to see Azula holding her hand. "Ty, I know it is," Zuko whispered. "But if we don't, they could strike again. We've got to get a move on, we have today, tomorrow, and overmorrow to do this. Then we have to be in the Hu Xin for a meeting." She turned to Azula and rested her head on her shoulder. 

"Listen," Aang said. "We rest today, but we keep lookout. And by rest, I mean we clean up the whole shop. And by lookout, I mean the people hurt worst stay out at the window and scream a code word if someone comes that looks suspicious." Katara turned to him. "What's the code word?"