Day 31- Help (1-part day) Uh... what?

Waring! Contains: Kissing, Mention of Sex, Mention of Cancer, Sickness, Sadness, Tears, Stress, Love, Hate, etc.

Tuesday, July 24th, 8:00 pm

3RD PERSON:

"You seem stressed." Mai's light voice and pale hands on the Firelord's back caught him off-guard. He smiled and shook his head. "No, babe. Thanks, though." She gave a small smile and leaned in to peck his cheek, watching him dip his feather in ink. "I'm really sorry, Zuko. Really. What are you doing, anyways?" He sighed, the air exiting his mouth as he turned to look at his girlfriend.

"Just work, love. Work for the Fire Nation. What did I do to myself?" he asked the Spirits, placing the feather on the table and leaning back in his wooden chair, his head bobbing to the floor. She smiled and started to massage his shoulders again. "I want you to have someone help you. Why didn't you tell anyone?" We'll help you, you know."

He smiled and turned his chair to see her, holding her hands in his. "I was going to, but Aang's sick and in a lot of pain. I don't want to worry him." She gave him a light kiss on the lips before enclosing him in a hug, her arms wrapping around his frame, his holding her body in his.

"Just tell me how I can help," she whispered, letting go and looking him in the eyes. He gave her lips a light peck and dragged her to the bed with him. As they both sat down on the green comforter, they lay down to relax for half a minute. "You can't," he whispered back. "And why aren't you asking Aang?" He gaved her a light hug.

"He's sick, Mai. Do you want me to worry him while he's sick? That'll make Katara kill me; she's already thinking he's going to die even thoug he just has the flu." Mai frowned and gently cuddled her head into his chest.

"No, but he could help." He sighed and shook his head. "No, he can't. He can't get out of bed, how id he going to help me?" She shrugged, her hair falling over her shoulders. "I don't know, Zuko. But I'm worried. Why don't you tell Sokka?" He raised his eyebrow at her.

"He'd tell everyone- especially Suki, who might tell Kat, who'd tell Aang. Plus, I can't worry anyone else, love." She nodded and got up to crawl into the bed. "Come here, I want to cuddle." He raised an eyebrow. "Really? You want to cuddle?" She rolled her eyes.

"Katara has banned us from having sex. We haven't since Aang heard us. It's been months. And we're still banned from sex. So come cuddle." He rolled his eyes and got under the covers with her. The two smiled as Mai let her hair fall over Zuko's chest, her head resting there.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

"I'm sad," Aang whispered. Katara pecked his cheek. "I flew us to Re Cheso at night, Aang." He smiled and gently reached up for her hand. "Katara, I'm feeling a little better now. But I'm just sad because I think I got you sick." She smiled and squeezed his hand.

"It's ok if I get sick. I'll probably be a pain in the ass to take care of, though." He gave her a weak smile. "Katara, if you're a pain in the ass to take care of, then I want a pain in the ass." She leaned down and gave him a small peck.

"Aang, you're really worrying me. I think you're going to die or something." His face instantly turned sympathetic, giving her a frown. "Kat, you won't lose me." She nodded and sat down in a chair. "Aang, just get to sleep."

He sighed and rested his head on the pillow, not removing his hand from hers. "I love you, so much, my love." She smiled and gave him a small peck on the cheek before going to sit down next to him, still holding his hand. "I love you more, sweetie. I love you more."

Katara sat there for around 5 minutes, just watching his chest go up and down, listening to his heart beating. She just watched him- nothing more. Smiling as his heartbeat continued to go, she heard a knock on the door.